I have to say that I’m actually kinda sad that the hilariously self-satisfied (though I will admit, hugely gifted) Jorge Lorenzo is moving up to the top class of MotoGP next year to race for Yamaha on a factory-supported YZR-M1.
I’d really wanted him to stop long enough in 250 for Alvaro to totally whip his butt; and even though Bati’s debut 250 season has been little short of epic so far, it’s not something he’ll really do this year.
We did of course have that brilliant win – and brilliant last lap move – at Mugello, but I’d have loved to see a longer term full-on rivalry develop, as Alvaro is pretty much the anti-Lorenzo in terms of outlook and personality; and a very pleasant change I must say 😉
Ah well, it’ll be nice to see Bati take him on once he moves up too…
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018
- Elias strikes back in Race 2 April 23, 2018
- Behind the scenes of the official MotoGP™ videogame April 23, 2018
- Miller grabs sixth consecutive top ten April 23, 2018
- Viñales on Yamaha: “We’re coming” April 22, 2018
- 5 men in the title fight: the close contenders after COTA April 22, 2018