I have to say that I’m actually kinda sad that the hilariously self-satisfied (though I will admit, hugely gifted) Jorge Lorenzo is moving up to the top class of MotoGP next year to race for Yamaha on a factory-supported YZR-M1.
I’d really wanted him to stop long enough in 250 for Alvaro to totally whip his butt; and even though Bati’s debut 250 season has been little short of epic so far, it’s not something he’ll really do this year.
We did of course have that brilliant win – and brilliant last lap move – at Mugello, but I’d have loved to see a longer term full-on rivalry develop, as Alvaro is pretty much the anti-Lorenzo in terms of outlook and personality; and a very pleasant change I must say 😉
Ah well, it’ll be nice to see Bati take him on once he moves up too…
- Thailand MotoGP test, day two: Marquez blasts below the 1:30 bracket at Buriram February 17, 2018
- Buriram test, day 1: Crutchlow and Rins take first honours in Thailand February 16, 2018
- Buriram awaits as MotoGP testing heads for Thailand and the newest venue on the calendar February 15, 2018
- Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa ready to test at Buriram International Circuit February 15, 2018
- Alex Marquez on top in Moto2 as Arbolino reigns Moto3 at Jerez test February 14, 2018
- FIM MotoGP™ World Championship race durations to change February 13, 2018
- #ThaiTest: Pedrosa pounces to top Day 3 February 18, 2018
- Smith on KTM: “We’ve got some solutions here already” February 17, 2018
- Miller: “Being patient isn’t one of my strong points!” February 17, 2018
- Yamaha: MV25 and VR46 talk Day 2 February 17, 2018
- #ThaiTest: Marquez blasts below the 1:30 bracket at Buriram February 17, 2018
- Syahrin impresses in first MotoGP™ session February 16, 2018