Excellent news: Bati has wound up with 3rd spot on the grid for tomorrow’s Australian Grand Prix at Phillip Island in a session that saw Jorge Lorenzo basically untouchable out front, and a nasty looking fall for Roberto Locatelli; who thankfully seems okay.
The circuit is a good one for Alvaro, who of course clinched his 125cc championship title there last year. Hopefully he can work some magic again in the race tomorrow.
Here’s some of his words post-session…
“Again I am on the front row. I am very happy with that because I haven’t been on the front row since Holland, and mainly because I a am also feeling good about the bike.
We have been testing some things in the official practice and I have kept things which I liked, and have been able to go fast. The speed is not bad, although Lorenzo is perhaps a step ahead.
Tomorrow I will try to take advantage of the front row start, and I must to try to be ahead right from the beginning and to give all the fight I possibly can.”
Good luck for the race Bati! 🙂
Fans can follow and discuss all of the action by clicking here… where you’ll find news, stats, quotes, pics and of course the opinions of our forum members and fans.
Join in at BatiFans.com and support our guy and chat to other fans online…
For completeness here’s the top ten riders…
1. Lorenzo (Aprilia) 1:32.884
2. Barbera (Aprilia) +0.886secs
3. Bautista (Aprilia) +0.936secs (1:33.820)
4. de Angelis (Aprilia) +0.940secs
5. Simoncelli (Gilera) +0.970secs
6. H. Aoyama (KTM) +1.048secs
7. Dovizioso (Honda) +1.269secs
8. Luthi (Aprilia) +1.301secs
9. Simon (Honda) +1.415secs
10. S. Aoyama (Honda) +1.528secs
- Albert Arenas 1st in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Disappointing race for Iker Lecuona in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo takes the flag in sixth place at Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Alex Rins reaches target in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Tito Rabat leaves Le Mans without reward May 20, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 7th in Le Mans GP May 20, 2018
- Back on track: Rossi makes podium return May 21, 2018
- Miller: “Seeing Marc the whole race was really nice” May 20, 2018
- Crutchlow: “They were panicking because I wanted to race!” May 20, 2018
- Contenders crash at Le Mans: Zarco, Dovi and Iannone May 20, 2018
- Marquez: strategic victory… and yet another save! May 20, 2018
- Bagnaia reigns supreme in France May 20, 2018