“Today was our day, but bad luck made it a bad one. I have started well and went to the front without problems, but from the 9th lap on the back tyre began to slide and it has been very difficult to maintain the race lead.
Lap by lap the situation got worse because I could neither enter the curves nor open the throttle in the curves. Today we had that bit of bad luck and I hope that it does not happen again during the season. This lesson teaches us that it is not enough to have the bike perfectly set up, but that sometimes it is also necessary to be lucky. When I realized that the fight with Barberá was lost, I tried to give my best to finish in a good position.”
End of chapter one.
Onto Jerez… 😉
- WorldSBK introduce independent teams and riders for 2018 season February 23, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island – Day one roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport February 23, 2018
- Industry news: BT Sport to continue as the home of MotoGP until 2021 February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island preview: World Superbike & World Supersport February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK Test, Phillip Island: Rea ends on top as one second covers the top ten February 20, 2018
- WorldSBK Phillip Island Test: Day one roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport February 19, 2018
- Registrations to become a #MotulSuperFan in 2018 now open! February 23, 2018
- Yamaha and Tech 3 to part ways in 2019 February 22, 2018
- MotoGP™ World Champion Marc Marquez, new Tissot Ambassador February 22, 2018
- Across the globe: a look at MotoGP™’s nationalities February 21, 2018
- Bagnaia confirmed in MotoGP™ in 2019 and 2020 February 21, 2018
- Zarco and Goyon talk 'surprising' debut for Syahrin February 21, 2018