Alvaro Bautista continued testing for the 250cc Aspar squad at Estoril on Monday, following his dominant victory there in the Grand Prix on the Sunday.
The tests were primarily to assess new Dunlop tyres ahead of the forthcoming Chinese GP on May 4th. Alvaro did 38 laps with a best time of 1:41.20 – and here’s what he said about the takeout from the tests…
“We tested three front compounds and another rear compound. The rear gave us plenty of grip but we will continue to work on its durability. The findings have been very positive and should help Dunlop with further improvements.
It has been a very complete weekend, because apart from the test we finished the race with the best possible result, which has motivated us a lot. In any case, our ambition is always to work towards each race, making more small improvements…”
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island preview: World Superbike & World Supersport February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK Test, Phillip Island: Rea ends on top as one second covers the top ten February 20, 2018
- WorldSBK Phillip Island Test: Day one roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport February 19, 2018
- Thailand MotoGP test, day two: Marquez blasts below the 1:30 bracket at Buriram February 17, 2018
- Buriram test, day 1: Crutchlow and Rins take first honours in Thailand February 16, 2018
- Buriram awaits as MotoGP testing heads for Thailand and the newest venue on the calendar February 15, 2018
- Kork Ballington to become a MotoGP™ Legend February 20, 2018
- Repsol Honda Team unveil new 2018 livery in Jakarta February 20, 2018
- Poncharal: “I want to keep Syahrin for 2018” February 20, 2018
- Crutchlow impressed by Nakagami February 20, 2018
- Yamaha: “We have to improve in all areas” February 19, 2018
- Lorenzo: “In Sepang we felt much better” February 18, 2018