Alvaro Bautista continued testing for the 250cc Aspar squad at Estoril on Monday, following his dominant victory there in the Grand Prix on the Sunday.
The tests were primarily to assess new Dunlop tyres ahead of the forthcoming Chinese GP on May 4th. Alvaro did 38 laps with a best time of 1:41.20 – and here’s what he said about the takeout from the tests…
“We tested three front compounds and another rear compound. The rear gave us plenty of grip but we will continue to work on its durability. The findings have been very positive and should help Dunlop with further improvements.
It has been a very complete weekend, because apart from the test we finished the race with the best possible result, which has motivated us a lot. In any case, our ambition is always to work towards each race, making more small improvements…”
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018
- Elias strikes back in Race 2 April 23, 2018
- Behind the scenes of the official MotoGP™ videogame April 23, 2018
- Miller grabs sixth consecutive top ten April 23, 2018
- Viñales on Yamaha: “We’re coming” April 22, 2018
- 5 men in the title fight: the close contenders after COTA April 22, 2018