“The front row is a very positive result. I can start from a great position if I get off the line well, and the bike is working good. We’re not perfect yet, but we’re on the right track and we think that some warm up modifications will help us on our way. My main goal for tomorrow will be to get on the podium, but we have to bear in mind that there are lots of hungry young riders out there. The times aren’t as fast as last year, but everyone is bunched together and I will give my all as always, whilst remaining calm.
“I am happy because we aren’t so far off the front. Taking into account how close together the times are, and that we aren’t at 100%, this is a good result. Everybody is working hard, and we will try some more things tomorrow, so I’m calm. You can go a second faster round here, but I was out on my own without drafting, so I didn’t benefit from that. The results will reflect the maximum effort that I put in at every race”.
“I’m very happy, because we took my best grid position to date at a track that I wasn’t familiar with. Time on the Playstation helped me a lot before the weekend, and it’s through that that I got to know the track. The team have been working really hard and we were able to lower our times, We’ve been steadily improving all weekend, and I think that we can have an excellent race. I’m highly motivated and my goal is a top thirteen placing. That way I will get points for the first time this season. The first laps are going to be incredible, so I’ll pick a good tyre and go for it”.
- Industry news: BT Sport to continue as the home of MotoGP until 2021 February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island preview: World Superbike & World Supersport February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK Test, Phillip Island: Rea ends on top as one second covers the top ten February 20, 2018
- WorldSBK Phillip Island Test: Day one roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport February 19, 2018
- Thailand MotoGP test, day two: Marquez blasts below the 1:30 bracket at Buriram February 17, 2018
- Buriram test, day 1: Crutchlow and Rins take first honours in Thailand February 16, 2018
- Syahrin to line up full-time with Tech 3 in 2018 February 21, 2018
- Kork Ballington to become a MotoGP™ Legend February 20, 2018
- Repsol Honda Team unveil new 2018 livery in Jakarta February 20, 2018
- Poncharal: “I want to keep Syahrin for 2018” February 20, 2018
- Crutchlow impressed by Nakagami February 20, 2018
- Yamaha: “We have to improve in all areas” February 19, 2018