Mapfre Aspar rider Hector Faubel was honoured with a bronze medal of the Real Orden al Mérito Deportivo in Madrid on Tuesday.
The medal is awarded in several categories for athletes who achieved success in their respective discipline and promote the Spanish sport.
Hector received the medal for his success in the 125cc class over the last years with the pinnacle being his runners-up spot in 2007.
Earlier this month Hector signed a contract with EQULIBIRA, a coaching company that will help Hector prepare for each race. From now on he will have weekly sessions in their facilities in Valencia where he can profit from their special coaching methods.
In other news 125cc Bancaja Aspar rider Sergio Gadea has contributed his crash helmet, worn in Le Mans and signed, to an auction that benefits UNICEF.
Spanish radio station 97.7 Radio held the auction last Saturday with bids for the helmet starting at 900 Euros.
UNICEF arranges this auction every two years and collects personal items of successful athletes to support the cause.
Aspar teammate Hector Faubel also contributed a personal item – a signed monkey – as well as Spanisch football clubs and other athletes.
- WorldSBK Prosecco DOC UK Round, Donington Park: Preview – World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300, STK1000 May 22, 2018
- Albert Arenas 1st in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Disappointing race for Iker Lecuona in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo takes the flag in sixth place at Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Alex Rins reaches target in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Tito Rabat leaves Le Mans without reward May 20, 2018
- Vote for your favourite Motul Blooper! May 24, 2018
- Rabat discharged from hospital, aiming to race at Mugello May 24, 2018
- MotoGP™ eSport Championship returns in 2018 May 24, 2018
- Rabat hospitalised after testing crash May 24, 2018
- Report: Day 2 of testing in Barcelona May 23, 2018
- Testing: how many days do each team have left? May 23, 2018