“The last few seasons the race results in Donington haven’t been great, but during the practice and qualifying sessions I’ve always been with the front group. This season the circuit should be my turning point after I got feeling for the Aprilia back in Le Mans. I think that the French and the British circuit are similar as far as slow curves and strong brakings go, so I hope to use the setting references we got in France.
My goal is to finish discovering the secrets of the new Aprilia, so that I can be 100% comfortable and win. In the last races we went well, but we weren’t fastest on the track, this one is an aspect on which we must work. We must avoid taking risks and go for the win.”
“Seeing how the season evolved so far, I really want to do well in Donington. We started the season really well, but then we had some problems. The Aprilia begins to work great in each race and goes very well and how I like it. I am really satisfied with the work of the team and after the Grand Prix in Catalunya we saw that we can be very competitive, although the result was not as good as we had hoped.
In England we have another chance to fo a great race. Donington is a circuit that seems to be better to me every year. Since I finished fourth last year, I will give everything this year to finish on the podium.”
“After the Grand Prix of Catalunya I have stayed the whole week in Igualada, at home, to train with the trial bike. What I understand from all the comments is that Donington is a very complicated circuit since it does not have good grip and it usually rains at least one day at each race weekend.
After the weekend of Jerez where I achieved a podium position [in the CEV], I only want to continue working with the same dynamics like until now, to be prepared for the English race as good as possible. The goal once again is to try to get championship points and to continue learning every day.”
- WorldSBK Test, Phillip Island: Rea ends on top as one second covers the top ten February 20, 2018
- WorldSBK Phillip Island Test: Day one roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport February 19, 2018
- Thailand MotoGP test, day two: Marquez blasts below the 1:30 bracket at Buriram February 17, 2018
- Buriram test, day 1: Crutchlow and Rins take first honours in Thailand February 16, 2018
- Buriram awaits as MotoGP testing heads for Thailand and the newest venue on the calendar February 15, 2018
- Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa ready to test at Buriram International Circuit February 15, 2018
- Kork Ballington to become a MotoGP™ Legend February 20, 2018
- Repsol Honda Team unveil new 2018 livery in Jakarta February 20, 2018
- Poncharal: “I want to keep Syahrin for 2018” February 20, 2018
- Crutchlow impressed by Nakagami February 20, 2018
- Yamaha: “We have to improve in all areas” February 19, 2018
- Lorenzo: “In Sepang we felt much better” February 18, 2018