“The last few seasons the race results in Donington haven’t been great, but during the practice and qualifying sessions I’ve always been with the front group. This season the circuit should be my turning point after I got feeling for the Aprilia back in Le Mans. I think that the French and the British circuit are similar as far as slow curves and strong brakings go, so I hope to use the setting references we got in France.
My goal is to finish discovering the secrets of the new Aprilia, so that I can be 100% comfortable and win. In the last races we went well, but we weren’t fastest on the track, this one is an aspect on which we must work. We must avoid taking risks and go for the win.”
“Seeing how the season evolved so far, I really want to do well in Donington. We started the season really well, but then we had some problems. The Aprilia begins to work great in each race and goes very well and how I like it. I am really satisfied with the work of the team and after the Grand Prix in Catalunya we saw that we can be very competitive, although the result was not as good as we had hoped.
In England we have another chance to fo a great race. Donington is a circuit that seems to be better to me every year. Since I finished fourth last year, I will give everything this year to finish on the podium.”
“After the Grand Prix of Catalunya I have stayed the whole week in Igualada, at home, to train with the trial bike. What I understand from all the comments is that Donington is a very complicated circuit since it does not have good grip and it usually rains at least one day at each race weekend.
After the weekend of Jerez where I achieved a podium position [in the CEV], I only want to continue working with the same dynamics like until now, to be prepared for the English race as good as possible. The goal once again is to try to get championship points and to continue learning every day.”
- WorldSBK Prosecco DOC UK Round, Donington Park: Preview – World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300, STK1000 May 22, 2018
- Albert Arenas 1st in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Disappointing race for Iker Lecuona in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo takes the flag in sixth place at Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Alex Rins reaches target in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Tito Rabat leaves Le Mans without reward May 20, 2018
- Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya changes: “It’s better for us” May 24, 2018
- Vote for your favourite Motul Blooper! May 24, 2018
- Rabat discharged from hospital, aiming to race at Mugello May 24, 2018
- Marquez to test a Formula 1 car May 24, 2018
- MotoGP™ eSport Championship returns in 2018 May 24, 2018
- Rabat hospitalised after testing crash May 24, 2018