Thanks to Tamara for an update on the outcome of that nasty accident at Sunday’s CEV 125cc race at Jerez.
She’s found this report from Associated Press…
Axel Pons of Pons-Aprilia fractured both bones in his lower left leg and was taken to the Puerta del Mar hospital in Cadiz, track officials said in a statement.
Pons fell… and was trying to move off the track when he was hit by other motorcycles.
Team Machado rider Carlos Ferrando broke his left thigh bone and was taken to the SAS hospital in Jerez.
Team KTM rider Edgar Garcia and Josep Rodriguez of TMR had shoulder injuries in the same incident but did not require hospital treatment.
It looked a shocker of an incident; those sound pretty serious injuries – so let’s hope these guys are on the mend soon.
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018
- Leader of the pack: Dovi weighs in after the Americas GP April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018
- Elias strikes back in Race 2 April 23, 2018
- Behind the scenes of the official MotoGP™ videogame April 23, 2018