Thanks to Tamara for an update on the outcome of that nasty accident at Sunday’s CEV 125cc race at Jerez.
She’s found this report from Associated Press…
Axel Pons of Pons-Aprilia fractured both bones in his lower left leg and was taken to the Puerta del Mar hospital in Cadiz, track officials said in a statement.
Pons fell… and was trying to move off the track when he was hit by other motorcycles.
Team Machado rider Carlos Ferrando broke his left thigh bone and was taken to the SAS hospital in Jerez.
Team KTM rider Edgar Garcia and Josep Rodriguez of TMR had shoulder injuries in the same incident but did not require hospital treatment.
It looked a shocker of an incident; those sound pretty serious injuries – so let’s hope these guys are on the mend soon.
- WorldSBK introduce independent teams and riders for 2018 season February 23, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island – Day one roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport February 23, 2018
- Industry news: BT Sport to continue as the home of MotoGP until 2021 February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island preview: World Superbike & World Supersport February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK Test, Phillip Island: Rea ends on top as one second covers the top ten February 20, 2018
- WorldSBK Phillip Island Test: Day one roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport February 19, 2018
- Registrations to become a #MotulSuperFan in 2018 now open! February 23, 2018
- Yamaha and Tech 3 to part ways in 2019 February 22, 2018
- MotoGP™ World Champion Marc Marquez, new Tissot Ambassador February 22, 2018
- Across the globe: a look at MotoGP™’s nationalities February 21, 2018
- Bagnaia confirmed in MotoGP™ in 2019 and 2020 February 21, 2018
- Zarco and Goyon talk 'surprising' debut for Syahrin February 21, 2018