5th Alvaro Bautista: 1.24.253 (23 laps):
“We had some problems yesterday morning – I wasn’t comfortable and even though we improved in the afternoon we still had some things to work on. Today I felt more comfortable in both sessions and picked up the pace.
I think we’re in good shape now even though we have struggled to find the right set-up. Simoncelli is fast here and he’ll be the man to follow tomorrow but sometimes on a Sunday things don’t always go like in practice. We’ll have to push hard to stay with the guys at the front and fight hard to have a chance at the end.
This GP is proving tricky, as it was for me last year, because I don’t think my lines are great. Anyway, I’m happier with the way I rode today, we’re doing a good job and we’ll see if we can take another step forward tomorrow.”
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island – Saturday race report: Melandri slices past Sykes to take the win February 24, 2018
- WorldSBK introduce independent teams and riders for 2018 season February 23, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island – Day one roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport February 23, 2018
- Industry news: BT Sport to continue as the home of MotoGP until 2021 February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island preview: World Superbike & World Supersport February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK Test, Phillip Island: Rea ends on top as one second covers the top ten February 20, 2018
- Registrations to become a #MotulSuperFan in 2018 now open! February 23, 2018
- Yamaha and Tech 3 to part ways in 2019 February 22, 2018
- MotoGP™ World Champion Marc Marquez, new Tissot Ambassador February 22, 2018
- Across the globe: a look at MotoGP™’s nationalities February 21, 2018
- Bagnaia confirmed in MotoGP™ in 2019 and 2020 February 21, 2018
- Zarco and Goyon talk 'surprising' debut for Syahrin February 21, 2018