Biggie if it’s true… or have gpweek.com jumped the gun on this before something’s actually sealed?
According to the magazine, “A NEW one-rider second Kawasaki team for next year will add to the grids, and has helped other contracts fall into place, as the 2009 line-up nears finality.
The team, with a new Spanish telephone company sponsor, will be run by former multi-80/125cc champion Jorge ‘Aspar’ Martinez, and will field current 250 star and former 125 champion Alvaro Bautista on a Kawasaki.
This ends Martinez’s long quest to add a MotoGP team to his impressive portfolio of 250 and 125 teams, increasing his influence in the paddock. Martinez had previously been in negotiation with Suzuki, but was told earlier this year they would not be able to supply him with a motorcycle.”
WE SAY: There have been many many rumours, taking in pretty much every make of bike over the past weeks and months – and recently some firmer and firmer sounding ideas – but as far as we know nothing’s actually signed and sealed. And certainly the *definite* tone of this piece isn’t even reflected anywhere in the Spanish media just yet (generally, whilst there *is* coverage of this subject it tends to be of the opinion that talks are ongoing), which has to add weight to it being a tad premature…
Keep up with all news and opinions on this ongoing saga here…
- WorldSBK Prosecco DOC UK Round, Donington Park: Preview – World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300, STK1000 May 22, 2018
- Albert Arenas 1st in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Disappointing race for Iker Lecuona in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo takes the flag in sixth place at Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Alex Rins reaches target in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Tito Rabat leaves Le Mans without reward May 20, 2018
- Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya changes: “It’s better for us” May 24, 2018
- Vote for your favourite Motul Blooper! May 24, 2018
- Rabat discharged from hospital, aiming to race at Mugello May 24, 2018
- Marquez to test a Formula 1 car May 24, 2018
- MotoGP™ eSport Championship returns in 2018 May 24, 2018
- Rabat hospitalised after testing crash May 24, 2018