According to an interview with Jorge Martinez the structure for the Aspar squad next year could be almost the same as this year.
Gabor Talmacsi will move up to the 250cc class with Aspar, but in a second team which might also have a different sponsor. The main 250cc team will continue with Alvaro Bautista and Hector Faubel, but depending on this season’s results of Alvaro Bautista and the outcome of Aspar’s efforts to start an additional MotoGP team which might see Bautista move up next season.
The 125cc team will again start with Sergio Gadea while Pere Tutusaus could also stay in the team, depending on how many bikes Aspar can provide.
Aspar also said that he’d like to have the MotoGP question solved and officially announce the results before the race in Misano. With that announcement a lot of the team structure would fall into place as well.
- Industry news: BT Sport to continue as the home of MotoGP until 2021 February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island preview: World Superbike & World Supersport February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK Test, Phillip Island: Rea ends on top as one second covers the top ten February 20, 2018
- WorldSBK Phillip Island Test: Day one roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport February 19, 2018
- Thailand MotoGP test, day two: Marquez blasts below the 1:30 bracket at Buriram February 17, 2018
- Buriram test, day 1: Crutchlow and Rins take first honours in Thailand February 16, 2018
- Across the globe: a look at MotoGP™’s nationalities February 21, 2018
- Bagnaia confirmed in MotoGP™ in 2019 and 2020 February 21, 2018
- Zarco and Goyon talk 'surprising' debut for Syahrin February 21, 2018
- BT Sport to continue as the home of MotoGP™ until 2021 February 21, 2018
- Espargaro: "I'd love a teammate like Marc or Dani" February 21, 2018
- Syahrin to line up full-time with Tech 3 in 2018 February 21, 2018