According to an interview with Jorge Martinez the structure for the Aspar squad next year could be almost the same as this year.
Gabor Talmacsi will move up to the 250cc class with Aspar, but in a second team which might also have a different sponsor. The main 250cc team will continue with Alvaro Bautista and Hector Faubel, but depending on this season’s results of Alvaro Bautista and the outcome of Aspar’s efforts to start an additional MotoGP team which might see Bautista move up next season.
The 125cc team will again start with Sergio Gadea while Pere Tutusaus could also stay in the team, depending on how many bikes Aspar can provide.
Aspar also said that he’d like to have the MotoGP question solved and officially announce the results before the race in Misano. With that announcement a lot of the team structure would fall into place as well.
- Albert Arenas 1st in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Disappointing race for Iker Lecuona in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo takes the flag in sixth place at Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Alex Rins reaches target in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Tito Rabat leaves Le Mans without reward May 20, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 7th in Le Mans GP May 20, 2018
- Back on track: Rossi makes podium return May 21, 2018
- Miller: “Seeing Marc the whole race was really nice” May 20, 2018
- Crutchlow: “They were panicking because I wanted to race!” May 20, 2018
- Contenders crash at Le Mans: Zarco, Dovi and Iannone May 20, 2018
- Marquez: strategic victory… and yet another save! May 20, 2018
- Bagnaia reigns supreme in France May 20, 2018