Team Aspar manager Jorge Martinez and Mapfre Aspar rider Álvaro Bautista confirmed today that Álvaro will stay in th 250cc class for another year.
That way Álvaro will have another chance to fight for the 250cc title in 2009.
After his excellent result at the Misano GP however, he still has a very good shot at the 2008 title, being only 27 points away from the leader with five races to go.
We congratulate Team Aspar and Álvaro Bautista on the contract renewal and wish all the best for the future cooperation.
Álvaro Bautista: “I’m really happy to renew my contract because I am so comfortable with the set-up at Mapfre Aspar. The mechanics and team structure are unbeatable. Now that we have re-signed with Jorge for 2009 I feel much more relaxed and I’m ready to continue my education in this category.”
Jorge Martínez: “It is a pleasure for us to be able to continue with Álvaro for another season. I have always known that he is a born winner and signing him again was a personal mission for me. I’m convinced he will give us plenty more reasons to celebrate and as he showed in the 125cc class in 2006 he has everything it takes to become 250cc World Champion – whether it is this season or next.”
- FIM CEV Repsol back in action for Round 2 at Valencia April 25, 2018
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Under the radar: Miller overcomes injury in Texas April 24, 2018
- More points for KTM in Texas April 24, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018
- Leader of the pack: Dovi weighs in after the Americas GP April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018