Team Aspar manager Jorge Martinez and Mapfre Aspar rider Álvaro Bautista confirmed today that Álvaro will stay in th 250cc class for another year.
That way Álvaro will have another chance to fight for the 250cc title in 2009.
After his excellent result at the Misano GP however, he still has a very good shot at the 2008 title, being only 27 points away from the leader with five races to go.
We congratulate Team Aspar and Álvaro Bautista on the contract renewal and wish all the best for the future cooperation.
Álvaro Bautista: “I’m really happy to renew my contract because I am so comfortable with the set-up at Mapfre Aspar. The mechanics and team structure are unbeatable. Now that we have re-signed with Jorge for 2009 I feel much more relaxed and I’m ready to continue my education in this category.”
Jorge Martínez: “It is a pleasure for us to be able to continue with Álvaro for another season. I have always known that he is a born winner and signing him again was a personal mission for me. I’m convinced he will give us plenty more reasons to celebrate and as he showed in the 125cc class in 2006 he has everything it takes to become 250cc World Champion – whether it is this season or next.”
- Thailand MotoGP test, day two: Marquez blasts below the 1:30 bracket at Buriram February 17, 2018
- Buriram test, day 1: Crutchlow and Rins take first honours in Thailand February 16, 2018
- Buriram awaits as MotoGP testing heads for Thailand and the newest venue on the calendar February 15, 2018
- Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa ready to test at Buriram International Circuit February 15, 2018
- Alex Marquez on top in Moto2 as Arbolino reigns Moto3 at Jerez test February 14, 2018
- FIM MotoGP™ World Championship race durations to change February 13, 2018
- #ThaiTest: Marquez blasts below the 1:30 bracket at Buriram February 17, 2018
- Syahrin impresses in first MotoGP™ session February 16, 2018
- Three aero fairings a charm for Ducati? February 16, 2018
- Crutchlow on Honda: “They’ve definitely improved the engine” February 16, 2018
- Crutchlow and Rins take first honours in Thailand February 16, 2018
- Rossi and Viñales at Yamaha Motorsports Media Conference February 15, 2018