One minor bombshell that’s emerged from the results of Round 5 of the CEV Championships at Albacete is that Pere now appears to have completely switched teams.
Initially when he was replaced in the Aspar WC 125cc squad by Adrian Martin, there was no official talk from the team about him leaving altogether – indeed he was in the box, wearing Aspar colours, at the following race at Misano – and we had assumed that he would continue to compete for the Aspar Team in the Spanish CEV championships, as he had done up to that point.
Something has changed since then though, with a race report on Motociclismo.es containing the following words…
“…después de dejar las filas del Team Aspar y estar ahora defendiendo los colores del ALPO Atlético de Madrid.”
This translates roughly as:
“…having left the ranks of the Aspar Team and now racing in the colors of Alpo Atletico de Madrid.”
We’re surprised at the lack of coverage of the change, and if the split from Aspar is permanent then we’re sad, but hope that Pere’s career will progress unhindered.
We wish him all the best at the new team – and we hope that we can bring you more news of how he is getting on in due course.
You can find the ALPO Atlético de Madrid team’s website here…
(Thanks to Sandra and Tamara with help on this info…)
- WorldSBK Test, Phillip Island: Rea ends on top as one second covers the top ten February 20, 2018
- WorldSBK Phillip Island Test: Day one roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport February 19, 2018
- Thailand MotoGP test, day two: Marquez blasts below the 1:30 bracket at Buriram February 17, 2018
- Buriram test, day 1: Crutchlow and Rins take first honours in Thailand February 16, 2018
- Buriram awaits as MotoGP testing heads for Thailand and the newest venue on the calendar February 15, 2018
- Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa ready to test at Buriram International Circuit February 15, 2018
- Kork Ballington to become a MotoGP™ Legend February 20, 2018
- Repsol Honda Team unveil new 2018 livery in Jakarta February 20, 2018
- Poncharal: “I want to keep Syahrin for 2018” February 20, 2018
- Crutchlow impressed by Nakagami February 20, 2018
- Yamaha: “We have to improve in all areas” February 19, 2018
- Lorenzo: “In Sepang we felt much better” February 18, 2018