One minor bombshell that’s emerged from the results of Round 5 of the CEV Championships at Albacete is that Pere now appears to have completely switched teams.
Initially when he was replaced in the Aspar WC 125cc squad by Adrian Martin, there was no official talk from the team about him leaving altogether – indeed he was in the box, wearing Aspar colours, at the following race at Misano – and we had assumed that he would continue to compete for the Aspar Team in the Spanish CEV championships, as he had done up to that point.
Something has changed since then though, with a race report on Motociclismo.es containing the following words…
“…después de dejar las filas del Team Aspar y estar ahora defendiendo los colores del ALPO Atlético de Madrid.”
This translates roughly as:
“…having left the ranks of the Aspar Team and now racing in the colors of Alpo Atletico de Madrid.”
We’re surprised at the lack of coverage of the change, and if the split from Aspar is permanent then we’re sad, but hope that Pere’s career will progress unhindered.
We wish him all the best at the new team – and we hope that we can bring you more news of how he is getting on in due course.
You can find the ALPO Atlético de Madrid team’s website here…
(Thanks to Sandra and Tamara with help on this info…)
- WorldSBK Prosecco DOC UK Round, Donington Park: Preview – World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300, STK1000 May 22, 2018
- Albert Arenas 1st in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Disappointing race for Iker Lecuona in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo takes the flag in sixth place at Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Alex Rins reaches target in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Tito Rabat leaves Le Mans without reward May 20, 2018
- Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya changes: “It’s better for us” May 24, 2018
- Vote for your favourite Motul Blooper! May 24, 2018
- Rabat discharged from hospital, aiming to race at Mugello May 24, 2018
- Marquez to test a Formula 1 car May 24, 2018
- MotoGP™ eSport Championship returns in 2018 May 24, 2018
- Rabat hospitalised after testing crash May 24, 2018