It was a positive second day for Bati, who was fourth fastest in free practice and made continual improvements in the afternoon before launching his grid attack – a lap of 1’32.917 sealing third spot, setting the fastest top speed with 271.3km/h.
3rd Álvaro Bautista: 1.32.917 (21 laps):
“It’s a shame we had a little setback halfway through the session, when the bike developed an electrical fault and I had to come in to swap for bike number two, which had a different configuration. We worked hard to adapt it and in the end we finished well.
It’s going to be a tough race tomorrow because everybody is really close but it’s good to be starting from the front row – unlike other races where I’ve had to fight through. We’ll try to get a good start, run with the front group and give 100% for a top result.
Marco is really strong here but we have to put the brakes on him. Our target today was the front row and so far, so good.”
- WorldSBK Prosecco DOC UK Round, Donington Park: Preview – World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300, STK1000 May 22, 2018
- Albert Arenas 1st in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Disappointing race for Iker Lecuona in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo takes the flag in sixth place at Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Alex Rins reaches target in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Tito Rabat leaves Le Mans without reward May 20, 2018
- Vote for your favourite Motul Blooper! May 24, 2018
- Rabat discharged from hospital, aiming to race at Mugello May 24, 2018
- MotoGP™ eSport Championship returns in 2018 May 24, 2018
- Rabat hospitalised after testing crash May 24, 2018
- Report: Day 2 of testing in Barcelona May 23, 2018
- Testing: how many days do each team have left? May 23, 2018