It was a positive second day for Bati, who was fourth fastest in free practice and made continual improvements in the afternoon before launching his grid attack – a lap of 1’32.917 sealing third spot, setting the fastest top speed with 271.3km/h.
3rd Álvaro Bautista: 1.32.917 (21 laps):
“It’s a shame we had a little setback halfway through the session, when the bike developed an electrical fault and I had to come in to swap for bike number two, which had a different configuration. We worked hard to adapt it and in the end we finished well.
It’s going to be a tough race tomorrow because everybody is really close but it’s good to be starting from the front row – unlike other races where I’ve had to fight through. We’ll try to get a good start, run with the front group and give 100% for a top result.
Marco is really strong here but we have to put the brakes on him. Our target today was the front row and so far, so good.”
- Industry news: BT Sport to continue as the home of MotoGP until 2021 February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island preview: World Superbike & World Supersport February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK Test, Phillip Island: Rea ends on top as one second covers the top ten February 20, 2018
- WorldSBK Phillip Island Test: Day one roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport February 19, 2018
- Thailand MotoGP test, day two: Marquez blasts below the 1:30 bracket at Buriram February 17, 2018
- Buriram test, day 1: Crutchlow and Rins take first honours in Thailand February 16, 2018
- Tech 3 and Yamaha to part ways in 2019 February 22, 2018
- MotoGP™ World Champion Marc Marquez, new Tissot Ambassador February 22, 2018
- Across the globe: a look at MotoGP™’s nationalities February 21, 2018
- Bagnaia confirmed in MotoGP™ in 2019 and 2020 February 21, 2018
- Zarco and Goyon talk 'surprising' debut for Syahrin February 21, 2018
- BT Sport to continue as the home of MotoGP™ until 2021 February 21, 2018