It was a positive second day for Bati, who was fourth fastest in free practice and made continual improvements in the afternoon before launching his grid attack – a lap of 1’32.917 sealing third spot, setting the fastest top speed with 271.3km/h.
3rd Álvaro Bautista: 1.32.917 (21 laps):
“It’s a shame we had a little setback halfway through the session, when the bike developed an electrical fault and I had to come in to swap for bike number two, which had a different configuration. We worked hard to adapt it and in the end we finished well.
It’s going to be a tough race tomorrow because everybody is really close but it’s good to be starting from the front row – unlike other races where I’ve had to fight through. We’ll try to get a good start, run with the front group and give 100% for a top result.
Marco is really strong here but we have to put the brakes on him. Our target today was the front row and so far, so good.”
- "I really wanted to do it" - Lorenzo on no wildcards in 2020
- Carlo Ubbiali: a career in photos
- MotoGP™ Legend Carlo Ubbiali passes away
- MotoGP™ riders prepped for more Catalunya action
- VR46 Academy back on track together at Misano
- “I didn't think he was Rossi level good”
- Motul Grand Prix of Japan cancelled
- Bendsneyder comes out on top in a British Moto2™ battle