“It has been a difficult race because I couldn’t brake hard and the front end was bouncing a lot. I went wide on a few occasions, and didn’t have any other choice but to try and hold on to as high a position as possible.
At the end of the race Kallio fell and we had a little bit of luck to get on the podium, which we haven’t had on a few occasions this year! Third place is not what I wanted, but neither did I expect to get it after the problems of the weekend.
The year hasn’t gone as we had planned, and the slow start was what really hit us hard. We continued to work hard, and we have ended the season with some incredible performances. It was a tough year, but next season we have to continue with the confidence that we have shown at the end of 2008.”
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island – Saturday race report: Melandri slices past Sykes to take the win February 24, 2018
- WorldSBK introduce independent teams and riders for 2018 season February 23, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island – Day one roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport February 23, 2018
- Industry news: BT Sport to continue as the home of MotoGP until 2021 February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island preview: World Superbike & World Supersport February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK Test, Phillip Island: Rea ends on top as one second covers the top ten February 20, 2018
- Registrations to become a #MotulSuperFan in 2018 now open! February 23, 2018
- Yamaha and Tech 3 to part ways in 2019 February 22, 2018
- MotoGP™ World Champion Marc Marquez, new Tissot Ambassador February 22, 2018
- Across the globe: a look at MotoGP™’s nationalities February 21, 2018
- Bagnaia confirmed in MotoGP™ in 2019 and 2020 February 21, 2018
- Zarco and Goyon talk 'surprising' debut for Syahrin February 21, 2018