As someone who religiously gets the Duke MotoGP Season Reviews, another top tip for this year has to be their “MotoGP Riding Secrets” DVD which is out now…
The best part of two hours long, it’s not unlike last year’s “A-Z” title which was an excuse to pull together lots of the special features from the season’s TV programming plus some excellent race and onboard footage to form a terrific (but paid-for) bonus disc.
This time around we have pretty much the whole top class talking about how a team operates across a GP weekend, mental and physical fitness (the mental bit includes a really nice interview with J-Lo… honest…) and lots of great stuff on starts, overtaking, cornering and of course crashing (that old DVD favourite) from the likes of Tony Elias, the Hopper, Colin Edwards, JT, Vale – all of ’em.
Whilst it’s easy to snipe at it being an exercise in charing you for recycling, I don’t honestly mind – it’s a great film with Dorna and MotoGP’s usual top quality behind it and it’s an excellent way to pass a couple of hours.
My only serious gripe would have to be the fact that, unlike last year’s “A-Z” it is totally focused on the top class, and completely excludes the 250s and 125s. That’s a great shame, although I’d be the first to admit that it might end up a preposterously long film if they *were* included.
Incidentally, as a Mac geek and iTunes/iPod/iPhone addict I’ve been busy badgering Duke to get the Season Reviews put into the iTunes Music Store. Their response was pretty positive so keep an eye out next year 🙂
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island preview: World Superbike & World Supersport February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK Test, Phillip Island: Rea ends on top as one second covers the top ten February 20, 2018
- WorldSBK Phillip Island Test: Day one roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport February 19, 2018
- Thailand MotoGP test, day two: Marquez blasts below the 1:30 bracket at Buriram February 17, 2018
- Buriram test, day 1: Crutchlow and Rins take first honours in Thailand February 16, 2018
- Buriram awaits as MotoGP testing heads for Thailand and the newest venue on the calendar February 15, 2018
- Kork Ballington to become a MotoGP™ Legend February 20, 2018
- Repsol Honda Team unveil new 2018 livery in Jakarta February 20, 2018
- Poncharal: “I want to keep Syahrin for 2018” February 20, 2018
- Crutchlow impressed by Nakagami February 20, 2018
- Yamaha: “We have to improve in all areas” February 19, 2018
- Lorenzo: “In Sepang we felt much better” February 18, 2018