The Valencia cirucit in Cheste today saw several 125cc and 250cc Aprilia riders test their machinery for next year including the complete new Team Aspar. This was the first opportunity for the new Aspar signings Bradley Smith, Julian Simon and Mike Di Meglio to work with their new teams and Hungarian Gabor Talmacsi tried the 250cc Aprilia for the second time.
Brit Bradley Smith clocked the fastest time of the 125cc riders while Mapfre Aspar rider Alvaro Bautista easily put in the fastest laptime in the 250cc class, almost a second faster than his new teammates Gabor Talmacsi and Mike Di Meglio.
1.- Bradley Smith GBR Aprilia 1.41.7 55 laps
2.- Julián Simón ESP Aprilia 1.41.7 69 laps
3.- Andrea Iannone ITA Aprilia 1.42.3 48 laps
4.- Sergio Gadea ESP Aprilia 1.43.5 47 laps
1.- Álvaro Bautista ESP Aprilia 1.37.1 53 laps
2.- Gabor Talmacsi HUN Aprilia 1.38.1 41 laps
3.- Mike di Meglio FRA Aprilia 1.38.9 55 laps
4.- Angel Rodríguez ESP Aprilia — —
4.- Cristian Trabalón ESP Aprilia — —
4.- Alberto Moncayo ESP Aprilia — —
The test also revealed the new livery for the Hungarian sponsored MOL Aprilia of Gabor Talmacsi and his new number 28, due to his original number 14 already being taken by Thai rider Ratthapark Wilairot.
Furthermore Mike Di Meglio rode in the official Mapfre Aspar livery, confirming that he’ll be the teammate of Alvaro Bautista the coming season with Alex Debon seemingly out of negotiations with the team.
- WorldSBK Prosecco DOC UK Round, Donington Park: Preview – World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300, STK1000 May 22, 2018
- Albert Arenas 1st in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Disappointing race for Iker Lecuona in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo takes the flag in sixth place at Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Alex Rins reaches target in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Tito Rabat leaves Le Mans without reward May 20, 2018
- Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya changes: “It’s better for us” May 24, 2018
- Vote for your favourite Motul Blooper! May 24, 2018
- Rabat discharged from hospital, aiming to race at Mugello May 24, 2018
- Marquez to test a Formula 1 car May 24, 2018
- MotoGP™ eSport Championship returns in 2018 May 24, 2018
- Rabat hospitalised after testing crash May 24, 2018