The Valencia cirucit in Cheste today saw several 125cc and 250cc Aprilia riders test their machinery for next year including the complete new Team Aspar. This was the first opportunity for the new Aspar signings Bradley Smith, Julian Simon and Mike Di Meglio to work with their new teams and Hungarian Gabor Talmacsi tried the 250cc Aprilia for the second time.
Brit Bradley Smith clocked the fastest time of the 125cc riders while Mapfre Aspar rider Alvaro Bautista easily put in the fastest laptime in the 250cc class, almost a second faster than his new teammates Gabor Talmacsi and Mike Di Meglio.
1.- Bradley Smith GBR Aprilia 1.41.7 55 laps
2.- Julián Simón ESP Aprilia 1.41.7 69 laps
3.- Andrea Iannone ITA Aprilia 1.42.3 48 laps
4.- Sergio Gadea ESP Aprilia 1.43.5 47 laps
1.- Álvaro Bautista ESP Aprilia 1.37.1 53 laps
2.- Gabor Talmacsi HUN Aprilia 1.38.1 41 laps
3.- Mike di Meglio FRA Aprilia 1.38.9 55 laps
4.- Angel Rodríguez ESP Aprilia — —
4.- Cristian Trabalón ESP Aprilia — —
4.- Alberto Moncayo ESP Aprilia — —
The test also revealed the new livery for the Hungarian sponsored MOL Aprilia of Gabor Talmacsi and his new number 28, due to his original number 14 already being taken by Thai rider Ratthapark Wilairot.
Furthermore Mike Di Meglio rode in the official Mapfre Aspar livery, confirming that he’ll be the teammate of Alvaro Bautista the coming season with Alex Debon seemingly out of negotiations with the team.
- Thailand MotoGP test, day two: Marquez blasts below the 1:30 bracket at Buriram February 17, 2018
- Buriram test, day 1: Crutchlow and Rins take first honours in Thailand February 16, 2018
- Buriram awaits as MotoGP testing heads for Thailand and the newest venue on the calendar February 15, 2018
- Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa ready to test at Buriram International Circuit February 15, 2018
- Alex Marquez on top in Moto2 as Arbolino reigns Moto3 at Jerez test February 14, 2018
- FIM MotoGP™ World Championship race durations to change February 13, 2018
- #ThaiTest: Pedrosa pounces to top Day 3 February 18, 2018
- Smith on KTM: “We’ve got some solutions here already” February 17, 2018
- Miller: “Being patient isn’t one of my strong points!” February 17, 2018
- Yamaha: MV25 and VR46 talk Day 2 February 17, 2018
- #ThaiTest: Marquez blasts below the 1:30 bracket at Buriram February 17, 2018
- Syahrin impresses in first MotoGP™ session February 16, 2018