Last week the annual Aspar Team Day took place for the second time at the Valencia Circuit in Cheste.
The unique event is a big get-together for riders, mechanics, sponsors, organisators and people involved with Team Aspar and is a perfect opportunity to re-unite once more before the long off-season and have a bit of fun.
A kart race for the 40 guests was the highlight of the day, followed by the three attending riders – Alvaro Bautista, Julian Simon and Sergio Gadea – as well as Jorge Martinez and Gino Borsoi taking a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO III fast around the track.
Jorge Martinez Aspar:
“It has been a very funny initiative. Throughout the year we have contact with our sponsors, mainly during the GPs, but always with only very limited time. This day has allowed us to enjoy some motorports activities and mainly it has allowed us to do it with some more time on our hands and in a more relaxed environment, now the season has ended.
It is interesting to be able to enjoy a rest day like this from time to time and seeing the success, I only hope that this idea is the first of many others”.
- Industry news: BT Sport to continue as the home of MotoGP until 2021 February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island preview: World Superbike & World Supersport February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK Test, Phillip Island: Rea ends on top as one second covers the top ten February 20, 2018
- WorldSBK Phillip Island Test: Day one roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport February 19, 2018
- Thailand MotoGP test, day two: Marquez blasts below the 1:30 bracket at Buriram February 17, 2018
- Buriram test, day 1: Crutchlow and Rins take first honours in Thailand February 16, 2018
- Syahrin to line up full-time with Tech 3 in 2018 February 21, 2018
- Kork Ballington to become a MotoGP™ Legend February 20, 2018
- Repsol Honda Team unveil new 2018 livery in Jakarta February 20, 2018
- Poncharal: “I want to keep Syahrin for 2018” February 20, 2018
- Crutchlow impressed by Nakagami February 20, 2018
- Yamaha: “We have to improve in all areas” February 19, 2018