Well, slightly more promising news on the Peña / Fanclub front… The latest news from Spain suggests there’s an upcoming meeting been called which will lay the foundations for a ‘Fan Club’ to replace the Peña, and it seems likely that the current Directiva (or most of them – detail is not perfect) will remain in place.
Whilst the demise of the Peña in its present form remains a cause for sadness, the fact that things seem to being setup to move ofrward on a different footing (it is, for instance, inconceivable that this would be happening without substantial progress in addressing the issues with the company that holds Alvaro’s image rights) at least it sounds like the guys who have been responsible for such a brilliant fan club so far will be there to look after the new incarnation of it too.
Again, we’re sure this isn’t by any means the final word, so we’ll continue to bring you news as more details and information emerge.
- WorldSBK Prosecco DOC UK Round, Donington Park: Preview – World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300, STK1000 May 22, 2018
- Albert Arenas 1st in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Disappointing race for Iker Lecuona in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo takes the flag in sixth place at Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Alex Rins reaches target in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Tito Rabat leaves Le Mans without reward May 20, 2018
- Vote for your favourite Motul Blooper! May 24, 2018
- Rabat discharged from hospital, aiming to race at Mugello May 24, 2018
- MotoGP™ eSport Championship returns in 2018 May 24, 2018
- Rabat hospitalised after testing crash May 24, 2018
- Report: Day 2 of testing in Barcelona May 23, 2018
- Testing: how many days do each team have left? May 23, 2018