Well, slightly more promising news on the Peña / Fanclub front… The latest news from Spain suggests there’s an upcoming meeting been called which will lay the foundations for a ‘Fan Club’ to replace the Peña, and it seems likely that the current Directiva (or most of them – detail is not perfect) will remain in place.
Whilst the demise of the Peña in its present form remains a cause for sadness, the fact that things seem to being setup to move ofrward on a different footing (it is, for instance, inconceivable that this would be happening without substantial progress in addressing the issues with the company that holds Alvaro’s image rights) at least it sounds like the guys who have been responsible for such a brilliant fan club so far will be there to look after the new incarnation of it too.
Again, we’re sure this isn’t by any means the final word, so we’ll continue to bring you news as more details and information emerge.
- Industry news: BT Sport to continue as the home of MotoGP until 2021 February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island preview: World Superbike & World Supersport February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK Test, Phillip Island: Rea ends on top as one second covers the top ten February 20, 2018
- WorldSBK Phillip Island Test: Day one roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport February 19, 2018
- Thailand MotoGP test, day two: Marquez blasts below the 1:30 bracket at Buriram February 17, 2018
- Buriram test, day 1: Crutchlow and Rins take first honours in Thailand February 16, 2018
- Across the globe: a look at MotoGP™’s nationalities February 21, 2018
- Bagnaia confirmed in MotoGP™ in 2019 and 2020 February 21, 2018
- Zarco and Goyon talk 'surprising' debut for Syahrin February 21, 2018
- BT Sport to continue as the home of MotoGP™ until 2021 February 21, 2018
- Espargaro: "I'd love a teammate like Marc or Dani" February 21, 2018
- Syahrin to line up full-time with Tech 3 in 2018 February 21, 2018