January 9th, 2009 – Big news at Sidi Sport! Another extraordinary rider has become a part of Sidi’s line-up of great champions. Alvaro Bautista, class of 1984 and a key player for Team Aspar, will be one to watch for the 250 class, 2009 World Championships.
And of course, Sidi Vortice boots will be there with him all the way. These boots offer all the best of Sidi’s technology, designed and developed for maximum performance on the speedway while guaranteeing maximum comfort and safety for the rider. Manufactured inLorica and lined with Teflon-treated airflow weave, Vortice’s outstanding features also include the ankle support braces with ankle joint,sliders with alloy inserts (fundamental on the track), shock-absorbing heels, nylon insoles and rubber soles with changeable inserts.
Bautista has shown himself to be a motorcycling phenomenon from the start. After introducing his talent in the Spanish Championship and the European Speed Championships, in 2002 Alvaro debuted in the World competition, where he contested 4 races in the 125 class. The following year the Spanish racer began his great adventure in the maximum category and in 2004 he placed 7th in the world standings.
In2006 he won his first championship victory on his hometown circuit of Jerez; Bautista followed up with another 7 wins and 16 more podiums, riding a wave of great results to clinch the World Championship in the 125 class in Australia, at the age of 22. In 2007 he jumped into the 250 class and in the style of a great champion got right into the rhythm of his new bike and rode it to 2 victories and a total of 5 podiums.
The rest is recent history. In 2008 the Spanish rider was second in World class standings with 8 consecutive podiums, hot on the heels of the Italian Simoncelli at the end of an exciting championship that was a hard fought competition to the very last race. And 2009 promises to be another great season of success for Alvaro Bautista and Sidi Sport!
As with MTECH, it sounds another promising partnership and it’s of course excellent to see such a huge name as SIDI getting Alvaro onboard.
All things seem to point to a great deal of confidence in our guy, and we hope they also signpost a great year ahead. 🙂
- WorldSBK introduce independent teams and riders for 2018 season February 23, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island – Day one roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport February 23, 2018
- Industry news: BT Sport to continue as the home of MotoGP until 2021 February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island preview: World Superbike & World Supersport February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK Test, Phillip Island: Rea ends on top as one second covers the top ten February 20, 2018
- WorldSBK Phillip Island Test: Day one roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport February 19, 2018
- Registrations to become a #MotulSuperFan in 2018 now open! February 23, 2018
- Yamaha and Tech 3 to part ways in 2019 February 22, 2018
- MotoGP™ World Champion Marc Marquez, new Tissot Ambassador February 22, 2018
- Across the globe: a look at MotoGP™’s nationalities February 21, 2018
- Bagnaia confirmed in MotoGP™ in 2019 and 2020 February 21, 2018
- Zarco and Goyon talk 'surprising' debut for Syahrin February 21, 2018