January 9th, 2009 – Big news at Sidi Sport! Another extraordinary rider has become a part of Sidi’s line-up of great champions. Alvaro Bautista, class of 1984 and a key player for Team Aspar, will be one to watch for the 250 class, 2009 World Championships.
And of course, Sidi Vortice boots will be there with him all the way. These boots offer all the best of Sidi’s technology, designed and developed for maximum performance on the speedway while guaranteeing maximum comfort and safety for the rider. Manufactured inLorica and lined with Teflon-treated airflow weave, Vortice’s outstanding features also include the ankle support braces with ankle joint,sliders with alloy inserts (fundamental on the track), shock-absorbing heels, nylon insoles and rubber soles with changeable inserts.
Bautista has shown himself to be a motorcycling phenomenon from the start. After introducing his talent in the Spanish Championship and the European Speed Championships, in 2002 Alvaro debuted in the World competition, where he contested 4 races in the 125 class. The following year the Spanish racer began his great adventure in the maximum category and in 2004 he placed 7th in the world standings.
In2006 he won his first championship victory on his hometown circuit of Jerez; Bautista followed up with another 7 wins and 16 more podiums, riding a wave of great results to clinch the World Championship in the 125 class in Australia, at the age of 22. In 2007 he jumped into the 250 class and in the style of a great champion got right into the rhythm of his new bike and rode it to 2 victories and a total of 5 podiums.
The rest is recent history. In 2008 the Spanish rider was second in World class standings with 8 consecutive podiums, hot on the heels of the Italian Simoncelli at the end of an exciting championship that was a hard fought competition to the very last race. And 2009 promises to be another great season of success for Alvaro Bautista and Sidi Sport!
As with MTECH, it sounds another promising partnership and it’s of course excellent to see such a huge name as SIDI getting Alvaro onboard.
All things seem to point to a great deal of confidence in our guy, and we hope they also signpost a great year ahead. 🙂
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018
- Leader of the pack: Dovi weighs in after the Americas GP April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018
- Elias strikes back in Race 2 April 23, 2018
- Behind the scenes of the official MotoGP™ videogame April 23, 2018