As expected there will be no Aspar Team in the MotoGP class this season, following the withdrawal of Kawasaki. Jorge Martinez confirmed in the Spanish magazine Motociclismo that there will definitely be no green Aspar Team this season. The negotiations with the company fell short when it became clear that Kawasaki would not be able to provide Aspar with the necessary long-term support he requested.
The potential rescue of the team now lies in the hands of team boss Michael Bartholemy who is currently in Japan, trying to sort out an agreement with the company to run the bikes during the 2009 season.
- FIM CEV Repsol back in action for Round 2 at Valencia April 25, 2018
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Marquez has Rossi and Agostini records in sight April 26, 2018
- Octo Telematics announced as title sponsor for San Marino GP April 26, 2018
- Motegi test for Suzuki and Guintoli April 26, 2018
- Nakagami: “finishing as top rookie is a nice feeling” April 25, 2018
- Is Bagnaia the man to beat in Moto2™? April 25, 2018
- Leaders will be leaders April 25, 2018