Today Mapfre Aspar rider Alvaro Bautista left the hospital in Madrid and is now back at home to rest for a week. The surgery on his right collarbone went very well and Alvaro already has full mobility of the arm again, only with some pain caused by swelling of the scar. He has now a special titanium plate with ten nails in his body which stabilizes the multiple fractured parts of his right collarbone.
Alvaro won’t be able to do anything this week except carefully moving his right arm from time to time to prevent the muscles becoming atrophic. But from next Monday on Alvaro will already start with physiotherapy and after two more check-ups at the hospital he will pick up normal training again in about ten days.
Alvaro Bautista: “I am very content, because everything went fantastic. I can already move the arm easily, it only hurts a little because the scar is still swolen and I feel that. Practically I now have to continue with my normal life, stretching the arm a little to recover complete mobility and to avoid that the musculature becomes atrophied. After the surgery I felt a little pain, but they gave me a few tranquilizers and I slept perfectly all night. Thanks to the excellent work of doctor Villamor I will be training again in about one week.”
- WorldSBK introduce independent teams and riders for 2018 season February 23, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island – Day one roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport February 23, 2018
- Industry news: BT Sport to continue as the home of MotoGP until 2021 February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island preview: World Superbike & World Supersport February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK Test, Phillip Island: Rea ends on top as one second covers the top ten February 20, 2018
- WorldSBK Phillip Island Test: Day one roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport February 19, 2018
- Registrations to become a #MotulSuperFan in 2018 now open! February 23, 2018
- Yamaha and Tech 3 to part ways in 2019 February 22, 2018
- MotoGP™ World Champion Marc Marquez, new Tissot Ambassador February 22, 2018
- Across the globe: a look at MotoGP™’s nationalities February 21, 2018
- Bagnaia confirmed in MotoGP™ in 2019 and 2020 February 21, 2018
- Zarco and Goyon talk 'surprising' debut for Syahrin February 21, 2018