Today Mapfre Aspar rider Alvaro Bautista left the hospital in Madrid and is now back at home to rest for a week. The surgery on his right collarbone went very well and Alvaro already has full mobility of the arm again, only with some pain caused by swelling of the scar. He has now a special titanium plate with ten nails in his body which stabilizes the multiple fractured parts of his right collarbone.
Alvaro won’t be able to do anything this week except carefully moving his right arm from time to time to prevent the muscles becoming atrophic. But from next Monday on Alvaro will already start with physiotherapy and after two more check-ups at the hospital he will pick up normal training again in about ten days.
Alvaro Bautista: “I am very content, because everything went fantastic. I can already move the arm easily, it only hurts a little because the scar is still swolen and I feel that. Practically I now have to continue with my normal life, stretching the arm a little to recover complete mobility and to avoid that the musculature becomes atrophied. After the surgery I felt a little pain, but they gave me a few tranquilizers and I slept perfectly all night. Thanks to the excellent work of doctor Villamor I will be training again in about one week.”
- Albert Arenas 1st in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Disappointing race for Iker Lecuona in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo takes the flag in sixth place at Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Alex Rins reaches target in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Tito Rabat leaves Le Mans without reward May 20, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 7th in Le Mans GP May 20, 2018
- Back on track: Rossi makes podium return May 21, 2018
- Miller: “Seeing Marc the whole race was really nice” May 20, 2018
- Crutchlow: “They were panicking because I wanted to race!” May 20, 2018
- Contenders crash at Le Mans: Zarco, Dovi and Iannone May 20, 2018
- Marquez: strategic victory… and yet another save! May 20, 2018
- Bagnaia reigns supreme in France May 20, 2018