I’m sorry, but no amount of looking at maps and plans and cute pictures can disguise the fact that Silverstone is a crap, bland, flat nothing of a circuit (that’s not improved by the proposed course alterations) with cock-all in the way of anything to recommend it in terms of access. Parking – and routes in and out – is a lottery at best, and its execution and delivery on race weekends is nothing short of Hell On Toast.
I swore after the 2007 Formula One GP (I swore a lot in fact)… I swore that I would never go back to Silverstone; and I still have no intention of doing so; and am already thinking ahead to 2009 wondering which MotoGP I’m going to go to abroad rather than stay home and go to the British GP.
It’s a bad call. A totally crap call. MotoGP deserves better, and so do its fans.
- Albert Arenas 1st in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Disappointing race for Iker Lecuona in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo takes the flag in sixth place at Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Alex Rins reaches target in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Tito Rabat leaves Le Mans without reward May 20, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 7th in Le Mans GP May 20, 2018
- Miller: “Seeing Marc the whole race was really nice” May 20, 2018
- Crutchlow: “They were panicking because I wanted to race!” May 20, 2018
- Contenders crash at Le Mans: Zarco, Dovi and Iannone May 20, 2018
- Marquez: strategic victory… and yet another save! May 20, 2018
- Bagnaia reigns supreme in France May 20, 2018
- Marquez equals Stoner as Rossi gets back on the podium May 20, 2018