I’m sorry, but no amount of looking at maps and plans and cute pictures can disguise the fact that Silverstone is a crap, bland, flat nothing of a circuit (that’s not improved by the proposed course alterations) with cock-all in the way of anything to recommend it in terms of access. Parking – and routes in and out – is a lottery at best, and its execution and delivery on race weekends is nothing short of Hell On Toast.
I swore after the 2007 Formula One GP (I swore a lot in fact)… I swore that I would never go back to Silverstone; and I still have no intention of doing so; and am already thinking ahead to 2009 wondering which MotoGP I’m going to go to abroad rather than stay home and go to the British GP.
It’s a bad call. A totally crap call. MotoGP deserves better, and so do its fans.
- Thailand MotoGP test, day two: Marquez blasts below the 1:30 bracket at Buriram February 17, 2018
- Buriram test, day 1: Crutchlow and Rins take first honours in Thailand February 16, 2018
- Buriram awaits as MotoGP testing heads for Thailand and the newest venue on the calendar February 15, 2018
- Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa ready to test at Buriram International Circuit February 15, 2018
- Alex Marquez on top in Moto2 as Arbolino reigns Moto3 at Jerez test February 14, 2018
- FIM MotoGP™ World Championship race durations to change February 13, 2018
- #ThaiTest: Marquez blasts below the 1:30 bracket at Buriram February 17, 2018
- Syahrin impresses in first MotoGP™ session February 16, 2018
- Three aero fairings a charm for Ducati? February 16, 2018
- Crutchlow on Honda: “They’ve definitely improved the engine” February 16, 2018
- Crutchlow and Rins take first honours in Thailand February 16, 2018
- Rossi and Viñales at Yamaha Motorsports Media Conference February 15, 2018