Final proof that there is in fact a God, and that we do not live in some cruel and meaningless void, comes this morning with news that – as predicted earlier in the week by MCN – a deal has been struck to return a big fat chunk of MotoGP coverage to the thoroughly deserving British Eurosport.
There is a small degree of sacrifice in that they won’t be screening the main MotoGP race itself *live* on race weekends – this is presumably a sop so that the BBC can retain a special status of partial exclusivity on what is largely perceived as the “main event”.
Strangely enough, I don’t mind that too much.
Of far more importance to me – and, it turns out, many others – is that the wholesale descruction of decent coverage of the entire weekend as far as 125cc and 250cc classes are concerned has been avoided (it still astonishes me that the BBC could have thought they could get away with treating 125cc with such utter contempt given the presence of hugely popular British young guns Scott Redding, Danny Webb, Bradley Smith and Matt Hoyle in the class) – and we should now not have to worry about being able to watch live coverage of a host of the practice and qualifying sessions.
Autosport reports that Toby Moody will remain part of the commentary team – although I can find no mention of Julian Ryder at the moment… Please let it be both of them…
And if you’re one of the people who’s been complaining to the Beeb, pestering them and taking part in forum discussions and protest messages over all this then pat yourself on the back, because it’s without a shadow of a doubt that it’s *punter power* that’s at the root of the change of heart.
Well done! Top stuff!
And, to be fair, a genuine thank you DORNA for seeing sense.
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018
- Elias strikes back in Race 2 April 23, 2018
- Behind the scenes of the official MotoGP™ videogame April 23, 2018
- Miller grabs sixth consecutive top ten April 23, 2018
- Viñales on Yamaha: “We’re coming” April 22, 2018
- 5 men in the title fight: the close contenders after COTA April 22, 2018