Here’s nice clip, found on Donington’s website by 125Brits.com author Richard.
It’s an F1 simulation of the new (new as in not built yet) Donington Park configuration, which is due to be in operation in time for 2010 when F1 comes to the track, and when MotoGP has sadly departed for Silverstone.
It’s a great indication of the gains and losses of the new layout; for instance the omission of the Fogarty Esses which is something of a shame, and the new infield drop and rise – something of a double edged sword as although it’s clearly a really nice feature and looks like it could provide some great racing, it’s also clear just how much of the punters’ viewing areas of the infield have been got rid of. (But then racegoers, punters and fans always seem to come strangely low on authorities’ priorities…)
Still – overall it’s a great lap and it clearly shows how impressive Craner Curves will remain, and what a classy, racey and characterful, charming circuit Donington is.
And it just reminds you how bewilderingly drab and awful Silverstone is by comparison.
Anyway – enjoy the lap, and you can find the full size simulation here on the Donington Park website…
- WorldSBK introduce independent teams and riders for 2018 season February 23, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island – Day one roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport February 23, 2018
- Industry news: BT Sport to continue as the home of MotoGP until 2021 February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island preview: World Superbike & World Supersport February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK Test, Phillip Island: Rea ends on top as one second covers the top ten February 20, 2018
- WorldSBK Phillip Island Test: Day one roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport February 19, 2018
- Registrations to become a #MotulSuperFan in 2018 now open! February 23, 2018
- Yamaha and Tech 3 to part ways in 2019 February 22, 2018
- MotoGP™ World Champion Marc Marquez, new Tissot Ambassador February 22, 2018
- Across the globe: a look at MotoGP™’s nationalities February 21, 2018
- Bagnaia confirmed in MotoGP™ in 2019 and 2020 February 21, 2018
- Zarco and Goyon talk 'surprising' debut for Syahrin February 21, 2018