Here’s nice clip, found on Donington’s website by 125Brits.com author Richard.
It’s an F1 simulation of the new (new as in not built yet) Donington Park configuration, which is due to be in operation in time for 2010 when F1 comes to the track, and when MotoGP has sadly departed for Silverstone.
It’s a great indication of the gains and losses of the new layout; for instance the omission of the Fogarty Esses which is something of a shame, and the new infield drop and rise – something of a double edged sword as although it’s clearly a really nice feature and looks like it could provide some great racing, it’s also clear just how much of the punters’ viewing areas of the infield have been got rid of. (But then racegoers, punters and fans always seem to come strangely low on authorities’ priorities…)
Still – overall it’s a great lap and it clearly shows how impressive Craner Curves will remain, and what a classy, racey and characterful, charming circuit Donington is.
And it just reminds you how bewilderingly drab and awful Silverstone is by comparison.
Anyway – enjoy the lap, and you can find the full size simulation here on the Donington Park website…
- Albert Arenas 1st in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Disappointing race for Iker Lecuona in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo takes the flag in sixth place at Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Alex Rins reaches target in Le Mans May 20, 2018
- Tito Rabat leaves Le Mans without reward May 20, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 7th in Le Mans GP May 20, 2018
- Miller: “Seeing Marc the whole race was really nice” May 20, 2018
- Crutchlow: “They were panicking because I wanted to race!” May 20, 2018
- Contenders crash at Le Mans: Zarco, Dovi and Iannone May 20, 2018
- Marquez: strategic victory… and yet another save! May 20, 2018
- Bagnaia reigns supreme in France May 20, 2018
- Marquez equals Stoner as Rossi gets back on the podium May 20, 2018