Just to keep you up to date on the news from Talavera de la Reina of young gun Juanjo Nuñez, he’s ready to kick off his 2009 season (competing in the 80cc Mediterranean Cup – “Copa del Mediterráneo”) this coming weekend after testing and training since the new year.
Although there’s been a bit of a dint in his progress at his last testing session before the season’s first race at Castelloli, when he fell during a day of rainy, tricky and changeable conditions, hurting his hand.
Juanjo was treated initially at the circuit hospital who feared broken bones and immobilized his fingers – however further tests and x-rays at the Marazuela Clinic back in Talavera de la Reina revealed no breakages, although his fingers were kept immobilized to try and aid the recovery process.
Anyway, very best wishes to Juanjo for a speedy recovery ahead of the season start, and we’ll aim to bring you news of his 2009 race schedule – and of his results as they come through to us.
You can also keep track of his career over at his (Spanish language) website at Juanjo29.com
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018
- Elias strikes back in Race 2 April 23, 2018
- Behind the scenes of the official MotoGP™ videogame April 23, 2018
- Miller grabs sixth consecutive top ten April 23, 2018
- Viñales on Yamaha: “We’re coming” April 22, 2018
- 5 men in the title fight: the close contenders after COTA April 22, 2018