Due to heavy rain and aquaplaning on the Twin Ring Motegi circuit the 125cc, 250cc and MotoGP qualifyings have been cancelled today. The grid positions will be according to the combined practice session results. With the second practice this morning being in wet conditions, this effectively means the results from yesterday’s first practice.
In 125cc Bancaja Aspar rider Julian Simon will start tomorrow’s race from second position on the grid, teammates Bradley Smith and Sergio Gadea will start from 7th and 12th position respectively.
Also in 250cc there will be an Aspar rider starting from the front row with Álvaro Bautista on 3rd position. Gabor Talmacsi and Mike Di Meglio will be right behind him in the second row on position 7 and 8.
The weather forecast for tomorrow is better than for today, but the races could still be affected by the rain.
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island – Saturday race report: Melandri slices past Sykes to take the win February 24, 2018
- WorldSBK introduce independent teams and riders for 2018 season February 23, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island – Day one roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport February 23, 2018
- Industry news: BT Sport to continue as the home of MotoGP until 2021 February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island preview: World Superbike & World Supersport February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK Test, Phillip Island: Rea ends on top as one second covers the top ten February 20, 2018
- Registrations to become a #MotulSuperFan in 2018 now open! February 23, 2018
- Yamaha and Tech 3 to part ways in 2019 February 22, 2018
- MotoGP™ World Champion Marc Marquez, new Tissot Ambassador February 22, 2018
- Across the globe: a look at MotoGP™’s nationalities February 21, 2018
- Bagnaia confirmed in MotoGP™ in 2019 and 2020 February 21, 2018
- Zarco and Goyon talk 'surprising' debut for Syahrin February 21, 2018