2nd Álvaro Bautista:
“This second place tasted like victory for me. Obviously I know that first is always better, but we were really battling out there at 100%. Before the race I wasn’t sure of what my race pace would be like, not knowing if I could keep up, as during the practice sessions I couldn’t find the right pace.
In the warmup we worked on the setting and found a new configuration that I really liked, and when I saw the crowd I knew that I had to leave any excuses behind me and go for a good result. Jorge told me to remember 2007 just before I went out, and the motivation worked. At the end of the race I tried to take the victory, but it was a pity that Hiroshi is so fantastic on the brakes. I tried to do it later but it wasn’t possible, he was at the limit.
We finished second but it is almost a victory, and I learnt that we will never back down.”
- FIM CEV Repsol back in action for Round 2 at Valencia April 25, 2018
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Marquez has Rossi and Agostini records in sight April 26, 2018
- Octo Telematics announced as title sponsor for San Marino GP April 26, 2018
- Motegi test for Suzuki and Guintoli April 26, 2018
- Nakagami: “finishing as top rookie is a nice feeling” April 25, 2018
- Is Bagnaia the man to beat in Moto2™? April 25, 2018
- Leaders will be leaders April 25, 2018