“It was quite windy during qualifying but the track conditions were good. If it doesn’t rain or something strange then I guess the race will be between the same guys that were fighting for pole today. This is quite a short circuit so I can’t see anybody escaping and I’d expect a group race. Hopefully it can be as much fun as Jerez but with a win at the end of it!
The important thing will be to get a good start because it is more difficult to pass here than at a lot of other tracks and it will be crucial to be on the pace over the early laps so as not to lose touch with the lead group.
This circuit is more favourable to the Hondas but we’ll try and fight for victory. It is obviously important to be consistent but if I see an opportunity to go for the win then I will do so, I won’t be holding back. My pole time today was better than last year which shows that we have a good package.”
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island preview: World Superbike & World Supersport February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK Test, Phillip Island: Rea ends on top as one second covers the top ten February 20, 2018
- WorldSBK Phillip Island Test: Day one roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport February 19, 2018
- Thailand MotoGP test, day two: Marquez blasts below the 1:30 bracket at Buriram February 17, 2018
- Buriram test, day 1: Crutchlow and Rins take first honours in Thailand February 16, 2018
- Kork Ballington to become a MotoGP™ Legend February 20, 2018
- Repsol Honda Team unveil new 2018 livery in Jakarta February 20, 2018
- Poncharal: “I want to keep Syahrin for 2018” February 20, 2018
- Crutchlow impressed by Nakagami February 20, 2018
- Yamaha: “We have to improve in all areas” February 19, 2018
- Lorenzo: “In Sepang we felt much better” February 18, 2018