“It was quite windy during qualifying but the track conditions were good. If it doesn’t rain or something strange then I guess the race will be between the same guys that were fighting for pole today. This is quite a short circuit so I can’t see anybody escaping and I’d expect a group race. Hopefully it can be as much fun as Jerez but with a win at the end of it!
The important thing will be to get a good start because it is more difficult to pass here than at a lot of other tracks and it will be crucial to be on the pace over the early laps so as not to lose touch with the lead group.
This circuit is more favourable to the Hondas but we’ll try and fight for victory. It is obviously important to be consistent but if I see an opportunity to go for the win then I will do so, I won’t be holding back. My pole time today was better than last year which shows that we have a good package.”
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018
- Elias strikes back in Race 2 April 23, 2018
- Behind the scenes of the official MotoGP™ videogame April 23, 2018
- Miller grabs sixth consecutive top ten April 23, 2018
- Viñales on Yamaha: “We’re coming” April 22, 2018
- 5 men in the title fight: the close contenders after COTA April 22, 2018