I have a (possibly ever-so slightly deserved) reputation as a bit of a geek / nerd / saddo when it comes to anything Mac or iPhone related. So, imagine my joy then, when I was pointed at a dedicated iPhone app from MotoGP.com
Let’s face it, MotoGP and Dorna have been way more innovative, smart and genuinely rewarding in their approach to online delivery than F1 – and far better at doing something of genuine interest to punters.
And so perhaps this is no great surprise. Doesn’t mean that it’s not worth a bit of a rave though…
It’s a thoroughly tasty piece of work from start to finish, playing both to their own strengths in content and data, and the iPhone’s strengths in interface and usability.
The key to it of course is dynamic data – in this case, live timing with race lap, rider position, lap time, gap time, and top speed. And nice touches like rotating the iPhone into ‘horizontal’ position to get a full live timing view, and live commentary from the MotoGP crew as well.
The app also provides access to race results, championship results, latest news, rider profiles, competition calendars and schedules, and a huge photo gallery.
Aside from all the good functionality, it also has the MotoGP.com excellent branding DNA, and attention to detail, in buckets. It’s one of the slickest looking apps I’ve seen. (*And I’ve seen more than enough to prove I should get out more…)
To be honest it’s a steal at only £1.79 and certainly an invaluable addition to the tech tools of anyone who loves MotoGP and their gadgets.
For some bizarre reason MotoGP.com have disabled ’embedding’ of their Youtube demo of the app – which is a real shame as it’d be nice to just plonk it on the page here and share it on other sites and blogs, but if you click on this link then you can watch it anyway…
Finally, if you need no further persuading then just click here to go directly to the app in iTunes…
(*Oh, and don’t forget that you can keep up with all the news and chat over at BatiFans with our very own iPhone Web App…)
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island – Saturday race report: Melandri slices past Sykes to take the win February 24, 2018
- WorldSBK introduce independent teams and riders for 2018 season February 23, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island – Day one roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport February 23, 2018
- Industry news: BT Sport to continue as the home of MotoGP until 2021 February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island preview: World Superbike & World Supersport February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK Test, Phillip Island: Rea ends on top as one second covers the top ten February 20, 2018
- Registrations to become a #MotulSuperFan in 2018 now open! February 23, 2018
- Yamaha and Tech 3 to part ways in 2019 February 22, 2018
- MotoGP™ World Champion Marc Marquez, new Tissot Ambassador February 22, 2018
- Across the globe: a look at MotoGP™’s nationalities February 21, 2018
- Bagnaia confirmed in MotoGP™ in 2019 and 2020 February 21, 2018
- Zarco and Goyon talk 'surprising' debut for Syahrin February 21, 2018