MCN reports that Yamaha boss Lin Jarvis denied that the Japanese factory might be increasing the numbers of bikes on the grid, supplying Jorge Martinez’ MotoGP project next year.
“Four for us has always been the optimum number for how we maintain quantity and quality. There was a direct discussion with Aspar in 2008 about the possibility of a fifth bike but we decided to continue with Tech 3.
This year we had a request from Dorna to increase the quantity and Yamaha considered that, but it is very difficult, particularly now considering the economic climate. Given that, frankly four bikes now is the maximum Yamaha wants to do.
Concerning a split between Tech 3 and Aspar, we’ve never had that intention and we’ve clarified that. Yamaha has already informed Dorna that our limit is four bikes and it will remain as the current format, two for the factory team and two for Tech 3. That is absolutely sure.”
It is now suspected that Honda might supply a RC212V for Aspar’s MotoGP project, probably working with current 250cc championship leader Alvaro Bautista who still has an offer from Suzuki on the table.
- Thailand MotoGP test, day two: Marquez blasts below the 1:30 bracket at Buriram February 17, 2018
- Buriram test, day 1: Crutchlow and Rins take first honours in Thailand February 16, 2018
- Buriram awaits as MotoGP testing heads for Thailand and the newest venue on the calendar February 15, 2018
- Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa ready to test at Buriram International Circuit February 15, 2018
- Alex Marquez on top in Moto2 as Arbolino reigns Moto3 at Jerez test February 14, 2018
- FIM MotoGP™ World Championship race durations to change February 13, 2018
- #ThaiTest: Pedrosa pounces to top Day 3 February 18, 2018
- Smith on KTM: “We’ve got some solutions here already” February 17, 2018
- Miller: “Being patient isn’t one of my strong points!” February 17, 2018
- Yamaha: MV25 and VR46 talk Day 2 February 17, 2018
- #ThaiTest: Marquez blasts below the 1:30 bracket at Buriram February 17, 2018
- Syahrin impresses in first MotoGP™ session February 16, 2018