A small piece of slightly off-topic Formula One news today – because it involves Jorge Martinez, who as well as running our favourite 125 & 250 squads, is also active more broadly in Spanish motorsport and is heavily involved with the F1 Valencia GP, which makes its second appearance on the Formula One calendar later this year.
Apparently, the Valencia street circuit is planning to reduce its seat capacity for this year’s European Grand Prix. Last year’s event, the first in the Spanish city, had a seat capacity of 112,000, but organisers said on Thursday that there will be reduction of around 35,000 seats, bringing the capacity down to 75,000.
Jorge Martinez, vice-president of the race’s promoters Valmor Sport, said tickets sales had been slower than last year, and also said the row between the FIA and the Formula One Teams’ Association was partly to blame for the slow ticket sale.
“It (the row) has slowed things down a lot,” Martinez told the EFE news agency. “The only thing I’m hoping for is that the last few months are erased, because there has been people who have talked too much.”
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island – Saturday race report: Melandri slices past Sykes to take the win February 24, 2018
- WorldSBK introduce independent teams and riders for 2018 season February 23, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island – Day one roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport February 23, 2018
- Industry news: BT Sport to continue as the home of MotoGP until 2021 February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island preview: World Superbike & World Supersport February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK Test, Phillip Island: Rea ends on top as one second covers the top ten February 20, 2018
- Registrations to become a #MotulSuperFan in 2018 now open! February 23, 2018
- Yamaha and Tech 3 to part ways in 2019 February 22, 2018
- MotoGP™ World Champion Marc Marquez, new Tissot Ambassador February 22, 2018
- Across the globe: a look at MotoGP™’s nationalities February 21, 2018
- Bagnaia confirmed in MotoGP™ in 2019 and 2020 February 21, 2018
- Zarco and Goyon talk 'surprising' debut for Syahrin February 21, 2018