A small piece of slightly off-topic Formula One news today – because it involves Jorge Martinez, who as well as running our favourite 125...

A small piece of slightly off-topic Formula One news today – because it involves Jorge Martinez, who as well as running our favourite 125 & 250 squads, is also active more broadly in Spanish motorsport and is heavily involved with the F1 Valencia GP, which makes its second appearance on the Formula One calendar later this year.

Apparently, the Valencia street circuit is planning to reduce its seat capacity for this year’s European Grand Prix. Last year’s event, the first in the Spanish city, had a seat capacity of 112,000, but organisers said on Thursday that there will be reduction of around 35,000 seats, bringing the capacity down to 75,000.

Jorge Martinez, vice-president of the race’s promoters Valmor Sport, said tickets sales had been slower than last year, and also said the row between the FIA and the Formula One Teams’ Association was partly to blame for the slow ticket sale.
“It (the row) has slowed things down a lot,” Martinez told the EFE news agency. “The only thing I’m hoping for is that the last few months are erased, because there has been people who have talked too much.”

No comments so far.

Be first to leave comment below.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *