According to reports in the Spanish press, Hector Barbera and Jorge Martinez have reached an agreement today on a one-year deal for the current 250cc rider, with an option to extend the contract for another year.
The official announcement is said to follow in a few hours.
Update: Official confirmation has now come from Jorge Martinez.
This is excellent news for us, to be reunited with Héctor Barberá after so many years. We won the Spanish championship together and Grands Prix in 125cc and I’m sure this will be another great project. We hope for good results next year and we want this to be a long term agreement. Hopefully Héctor can earn factory machinery with his results. For our team it is a dream to be competing in all three World Championship categories.
Martinez and Barbera have already been working together until the end of 2003 when Barbera split with the Aspar Team in disagreement and joined the Seedorf Racing Team. Martinez has been angered by the matter ever since, but for this new project both parties seem to have buried their difference and open a new chapter.
- FIM CEV Repsol back in action for Round 2 at Valencia April 25, 2018
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Marquez has Rossi and Agostini records in sight April 26, 2018
- Octo Telematics announced as title sponsor for San Marino GP April 26, 2018
- Motegi test for Suzuki and Guintoli April 26, 2018
- Nakagami: “finishing as top rookie is a nice feeling” April 25, 2018
- Is Bagnaia the man to beat in Moto2™? April 25, 2018
- Leaders will be leaders April 25, 2018