The Grand Prix Commission, composed of Messrs. Carmelo Ezpeleta (Dorna, Chairman), Claude Danis (FIM), Hervé Poncharal (IRTA) and Takanao Tsubouchi (MSMA), in the presence of Messrs. Vito Ippolito (FIM President), Ignacio Verneda (FIM Sport Director), Javier Alonso (Dorna) and Paul Butler (Secretary of the meeting), in a meeting held on August 29 in Indianapolis (USA) unanimously decided the following:
For immediate application:
Changes to Article 2.9 Tyre restrictions for MotoGP
2.9.1 Delete “and the allocated quantities of each specification of tyre will be the same for every rider”.
2.9.2 In the case of a rider change after the final allocation has been made, the replacement rider must use only the tyres allocated to the original rider.
2.9.3 Teams must inform the supplier of the number of each front slick specification selected by their rider(s) no later than (…)
Any new rider entering the next race after the selection deadline will be allocated 4 front slick tyres of specification A and 4 of specification B.
Changes to the press release dated 25/07/09.
The Season is defined as the period starting 14 days before the first race of the year and ending 4 days after the last race of the year, both dates being inclusive. The season does not include “Breaks”. A Break is defined as two consecutive week-ends where events are not scheduled. The period of the Break extends from 09h00 on the second day after the Grand Prix until the following Grand Prix.
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018
- Elias strikes back in Race 2 April 23, 2018
- Behind the scenes of the official MotoGP™ videogame April 23, 2018
- Miller grabs sixth consecutive top ten April 23, 2018
- Viñales on Yamaha: “We’re coming” April 22, 2018
- 5 men in the title fight: the close contenders after COTA April 22, 2018