The Grand Prix Commission, composed of Messrs. Carmelo Ezpeleta (Dorna, Chairman), Claude Danis (FIM), Hervé Poncharal (IRTA) and Takanao Tsubouchi (MSMA), in the presence of Messrs. Vito Ippolito (FIM President), Ignacio Verneda (FIM Sport Director), Javier Alonso (Dorna) and Paul Butler (Secretary of the meeting), in a meeting held on August 29 in Indianapolis (USA) unanimously decided the following:
For immediate application:
Changes to Article 2.9 Tyre restrictions for MotoGP
2.9.1 Delete “and the allocated quantities of each specification of tyre will be the same for every rider”.
2.9.2 In the case of a rider change after the final allocation has been made, the replacement rider must use only the tyres allocated to the original rider.
2.9.3 Teams must inform the supplier of the number of each front slick specification selected by their rider(s) no later than (…)
Any new rider entering the next race after the selection deadline will be allocated 4 front slick tyres of specification A and 4 of specification B.
Changes to the press release dated 25/07/09.
The Season is defined as the period starting 14 days before the first race of the year and ending 4 days after the last race of the year, both dates being inclusive. The season does not include “Breaks”. A Break is defined as two consecutive week-ends where events are not scheduled. The period of the Break extends from 09h00 on the second day after the Grand Prix until the following Grand Prix.
- WorldSBK, Phillip Island preview: World Superbike & World Supersport February 21, 2018
- WorldSBK Test, Phillip Island: Rea ends on top as one second covers the top ten February 20, 2018
- WorldSBK Phillip Island Test: Day one roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport February 19, 2018
- Thailand MotoGP test, day two: Marquez blasts below the 1:30 bracket at Buriram February 17, 2018
- Buriram test, day 1: Crutchlow and Rins take first honours in Thailand February 16, 2018
- Buriram awaits as MotoGP testing heads for Thailand and the newest venue on the calendar February 15, 2018
- Kork Ballington to become a MotoGP™ Legend February 20, 2018
- Repsol Honda Team unveil new 2018 livery in Jakarta February 20, 2018
- Poncharal: “I want to keep Syahrin for 2018” February 20, 2018
- Crutchlow impressed by Nakagami February 20, 2018
- Yamaha: “We have to improve in all areas” February 19, 2018
- Lorenzo: “In Sepang we felt much better” February 18, 2018