Dani Pedrosa is confident that he would have improved on his third place in Misano practice had a broken radiator cap not caused him to abort his final flying lap. The Spaniard parked his Honda after water began spilling from the cap onto his hands at the end of today’s session. He had battled for the top spot with Yamaha’s Jorge Lorenzo earlier in the hour, but ended up 0.776s off the Yamahas’ pace.
“We can improve further I think because on my last run out we had a small problem with the radiator cap which broke and spilt some water on my hands, so I lost the final run and wasn’t able to improve my lap time at the end of the session,” said Pedrosa. “Still, this means we should be able to close the gap to the front tomorrow because my feeling from the machine was good today.”
He added that he had been very pleased with his Honda until the radiator issue.
“My pace was quite good during this first session and I’m sure there’s still more to come tomorrow,” Pedrosa said.
“We spent some time testing the Bridgestone tyre options and working on general set-up today, and I’m reasonably happy with how it went for most of the session. It was very hot out there and I think the temperature is due to fall later in the weekend so we’ll have to be prepared to adapt our settings for that.”
- Thailand MotoGP test, day two: Marquez blasts below the 1:30 bracket at Buriram February 17, 2018
- Buriram test, day 1: Crutchlow and Rins take first honours in Thailand February 16, 2018
- Buriram awaits as MotoGP testing heads for Thailand and the newest venue on the calendar February 15, 2018
- Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa ready to test at Buriram International Circuit February 15, 2018
- Alex Marquez on top in Moto2 as Arbolino reigns Moto3 at Jerez test February 14, 2018
- FIM MotoGP™ World Championship race durations to change February 13, 2018
- Smith on KTM: “We’ve got some solutions here already” February 17, 2018
- Miller: “Being patient isn’t one of my strong points!” February 17, 2018
- Yamaha: MV25 and VR46 talk Day 2 February 17, 2018
- #ThaiTest: Marquez blasts below the 1:30 bracket at Buriram February 17, 2018
- Syahrin impresses in first MotoGP™ session February 16, 2018
- Three aero fairings a charm for Ducati? February 16, 2018