The Selection Committee comprising delegates of the FIM, Dorna and IRTA met on the 2nd October in Estoril to select the teams which will be invited to participate in 2010.
Teams comprising a total of 39 riders were accepted. Teams comprising a total of 10 riders were placed on a reserve list. A detailed list is reproduced below.
Accepted teams now have until the 2nd of November to finally confirm the names of their riders and to lodge a security deposit with IRTA. Should any of the accepted teams propose riders not acceptable to the Committee, or if the security deposit is not paid, then consideration will be given to the teams on the reserve list.
It should be noted that no team applied to participate with 250cc class machines meaning that the entire 2010 grid will be comprised of Moto2 class machines.
(numbers in brackets are reserve entries)
Ajo Motorsport 1 (1)
Balaton Racing Team 250 1
Campetella Racing 1
Cardion Ab Motoracing 1
Cip Moto – Gp250 1 (1)
Emmi – Caffe Latte 1
G22 Racing Team 2
Hayate Racing Team 2
Honda Gresini 2
Kino Racing 1 (1)
Mapfre Aspar Team 2
Matteoni Racing 1 (1)
Pons Racing Pepe World 2
Pramac Racing 2
Racing Team By Quereseno 2
Racing Team Germany 1 (1)
Scot Racing Team 250 2
Speedup Aprilia 2
Sprint Tecnology Racing 2
Stop And Go Racing Team S.L. 2
Team Roberts 2
Tech 3 2
Viessmann Kiefer Racing 1 (1)
WTR San Marino Team 1
- Introducing: the Fandom Pay MotoGP™ Mastercard®
- "Nothing gives you more confidence than a win" - Dovizioso
- Best images: MotoGP™ & Chelsea stars meet at Stamford Bridge
- An all-time classic: Sheene vs Roberts 40 years on
- Crutchlow and Viñales meet Chelsea star at Stamford Bridge
- The British Talent Cup season finale arrives at Silverstone!
- Best photos: KymiRing MotoGP™ Test
- Four front, rear slick tyre options selected for Silverstone