The Selection Committee comprising delegates of the FIM, Dorna and IRTA met on the 2nd October in Estoril to select the teams which will be invited to participate in 2010.
Teams comprising a total of 39 riders were accepted. Teams comprising a total of 10 riders were placed on a reserve list. A detailed list is reproduced below.
Accepted teams now have until the 2nd of November to finally confirm the names of their riders and to lodge a security deposit with IRTA. Should any of the accepted teams propose riders not acceptable to the Committee, or if the security deposit is not paid, then consideration will be given to the teams on the reserve list.
It should be noted that no team applied to participate with 250cc class machines meaning that the entire 2010 grid will be comprised of Moto2 class machines.
(numbers in brackets are reserve entries)
Ajo Motorsport 1 (1)
Balaton Racing Team 250 1
Campetella Racing 1
Cardion Ab Motoracing 1
Cip Moto – Gp250 1 (1)
Emmi – Caffe Latte 1
G22 Racing Team 2
Hayate Racing Team 2
Honda Gresini 2
Kino Racing 1 (1)
Mapfre Aspar Team 2
Matteoni Racing 1 (1)
Pons Racing Pepe World 2
Pramac Racing 2
Racing Team By Quereseno 2
Racing Team Germany 1 (1)
Scot Racing Team 250 2
Speedup Aprilia 2
Sprint Tecnology Racing 2
Stop And Go Racing Team S.L. 2
Team Roberts 2
Tech 3 2
Viessmann Kiefer Racing 1 (1)
WTR San Marino Team 1
- Wild ride: milestones and titles on the Island
- Time schedule: Pramac Generac Australian Motorcycle GP
- Marquez on a mission: check or check mate in Australia?
- Dalla Porta faces first match point Down Under
- Lorenzo: "We've improved various areas"
- Take heart Fabio, at least it’s not another four years
- Crutchlow: "It was really difficult to manage"
- Australia joins the 2020 Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup calendar