Pons Kalex’s research ahead of the inaugural Moto2 season will take its next step on Wednesday, with the team conducting the second test of its 600cc 4-stroke prototype in Valencia.
The scheduled Moto2 test at Valencia from December 9-10 will see a host of machines taken out on the track, as teams and riders maintain their pre-season programmes.
For the Pons Kalex team, who have been further developing their bike over the past few weeks in Germany, Axel Pons and Sergio Gadea will be collecting data to add to what was established in Valencia in the post-season test last month.
Pons, who had an operation in Barcelona two weeks ago to remove pins from his legs, will be joined by Gadea, who will ride the bike for the first time and is being viewed by the team as a potential acquisition for the category next season.
Team manager Sito Pons said, “Although the winter seems to be a long one, the start of the season will be here very soon. When you’re working on a bike for a new category, it’s very important to have a prototype that can be developed quickly and in the best way possible.”
“In this sense, Kalex is doing a great job, and with an extraordinary level of technology. The test in Valencia will be another step in our process, and we are convinced we can get some very good results.”
After the test in Valencia this week, Pons Kalex plan to return to the track from December 14-15 at the Almeria circuit.
- Take heart Fabio, at least it’s not another four years
- Crutchlow: "It was really difficult to manage"
- Australia joins the 2020 Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup calendar
- "We had more" – Miller's podium charge halted by grip issues
- Pedrosa, Smith and Pirro set for private tests
- Best photos: Motul Grand Prix of Japan
- Quartararo: your 2019 Rookie of the Year
- Two down, one to go: Honda claim 2019 Constructor crown