It’s almost becoming a tradition that each season end sees not only the release of the year’s MotoGP and feeder classes Season Review DVDs, but also a companion Official MotoGP DVD of some kind, such as the previous releases “Evolution of a Species” and “The A-Z of MotoGP”, both excellent documentaries in their own right.
This year is no exception, seeing the release of another Official MotoGP DVD – “The Route To Glory”, a documentary lasting just under an hour and illustrating through exclusive interviews with champions and other top riders what it takes to make it to the top.
MotoGP is the pinnacle of motorcycle racing, and the World Championship is the ultimate goal which only a handful of the very best will achieve. This fascinating documentary reveals how Grand Prix World Champions are created, discovering their own Route to Glory.
Many of today’s greatest MotoGP stars open their hearts to discuss how they got started, the influences, challenges and emotions which shaped their journey to the top and how they have coped with the absolute joy and massive pressure of becoming World Champion.
According to a post on http://gearheads.org, the documentary features extensive, intimate interviews with Valentino Rossi, Jorge Lorenzo, Nicky Hayden, Casey Stoner, Dani Pedrosa , Andrea Dovizioso, Alvaro Bautista, Hiroshi Aoyama, Julian Simon, Mike di Meglio and Britain’s own Bradley Smith. Plus we hear from legends Wayne Rainey, Eddie Lawson and Kevin Schwantz on what it takes to become World Champion.
There’s stunning race footage showing the stars progress from national championships, into Grand Prix racing and on to their first points, first wins and first championship victories. But most revealing is the early footage, including personal home videos, showing Rossi racing karts as a child, Pedrosa and Lorenzo on dirt bikes, Aoyama and Dovizioso on mini-motos and Hayden in his very first road races.
Each racing great reveals their personal Route to Glory, comparing the benefits of motocross and mini-motos in the early years, the involvement of key figures like Alberto Puig, the lucky breaks, the sacrifices and the determination to succeed. They recall the emotion of their Grand Prix debut, the passionate commitment it took to win, how they deal with injury and setback, and explain what they think it takes to become World Champion.
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, race weekend preview: MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 April 16, 2018
- Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas, Michelin Preview April 16, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 15, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon, Saturday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Argentinian round confirmed for October April 14, 2018
- WorldSBK Aragon: Friday roundup – World Superbike, World Supersport April 13, 2018
- Rossi: “The only thing to do is look forward” April 19, 2018
- Competition at COTA: Thursday’s Press Conference round-up April 19, 2018
- Pedrosa declared fit April 19, 2018
- Marquez: "I learn from my mistakes" April 19, 2018
- Getting race ready: the physical side of MotoGP™ April 19, 2018
- MotoGP™’s partnership with Parts Europe extended for 2 years April 19, 2018