The Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo has been selected by 125cc and Moto2 world championship teams as the favorite track for testing, in an election provided by the International Road Racing Teams Association (IRTA).
The 37 teams participating in these two categories of the World Championship have to vote each year for their two favorite circuits to host the testing sessions during the season.
Overall 22 votes have been collected for Valencia, 19 for the new Motorland Aragon circuit, eight for Brno and Misano, seven for Mugello, four for Assen and three for Catalunya and Sachsenring.
“Teams from the world championship always had a fondness for our circuit, we’ve been awarded the prize for the best Grand Prix three times and every year we are among the best rated circuits for the race and the testing we host during the rest of the year”, said Julio Garcia, director of the Circuit.
With 19 votes, only three less than Valencia, the Motorland Aragon circuit is again showing what good impression it made on everyone in the debut year, already winning the 2010 award for the best Grand Prix earlier.
Source: Circuit Valencia
- FIM CEV Repsol 2018 season gets underway at Estoril this weekend March 22, 2018
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo retires from Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 6th in Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- The FIM ratchets up support for the Handy Race at Le Mans March 22, 2018
- Arenas undergoes successful surgery March 22, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol curtain-raiser in Estoril March 22, 2018
- Binder on KTM: “The conditions weren’t perfect for our bike” March 21, 2018
- HJC Helmets Grand Prix de France: let the countdown begin! March 21, 2018
- Martin vs Canet…vs Bastianini? March 21, 2018