The Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo has been selected by 125cc and Moto2 world championship teams as the favorite track for testing, in an election provided by the International Road Racing Teams Association (IRTA).
The 37 teams participating in these two categories of the World Championship have to vote each year for their two favorite circuits to host the testing sessions during the season.
Overall 22 votes have been collected for Valencia, 19 for the new Motorland Aragon circuit, eight for Brno and Misano, seven for Mugello, four for Assen and three for Catalunya and Sachsenring.
“Teams from the world championship always had a fondness for our circuit, we’ve been awarded the prize for the best Grand Prix three times and every year we are among the best rated circuits for the race and the testing we host during the rest of the year”, said Julio Garcia, director of the Circuit.
With 19 votes, only three less than Valencia, the Motorland Aragon circuit is again showing what good impression it made on everyone in the debut year, already winning the 2010 award for the best Grand Prix earlier.
Source: Circuit Valencia
- #USWorldSBK Day 3 – Masterful Rea does Laguna Seca double June 25, 2018
- #USWorldSBK – Day 2: Rea roars ahead to seventh win in 2018 at Laguna Seca June 24, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Advantage Bezzecchi approaching Assen's final chicane June 25, 2018
- One point in it: Oliveira and Bagnaia ready for round eight June 25, 2018
- Assen: magic and myth collide at the ‘Cathedral’ June 25, 2018
- Fernandez confirmed at Pons HP 40 for remainder of 2018 June 24, 2018
- Half way through the season: the reasons to watch WorldSBK June 22, 2018
- Marquez swaps engine for pedals ahead of Dutch GP June 22, 2018