The Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo has been selected by 125cc and Moto2 world championship teams as the favorite track for testing, in an election provided by the International Road Racing Teams Association (IRTA).
The 37 teams participating in these two categories of the World Championship have to vote each year for their two favorite circuits to host the testing sessions during the season.
Overall 22 votes have been collected for Valencia, 19 for the new Motorland Aragon circuit, eight for Brno and Misano, seven for Mugello, four for Assen and three for Catalunya and Sachsenring.
“Teams from the world championship always had a fondness for our circuit, we’ve been awarded the prize for the best Grand Prix three times and every year we are among the best rated circuits for the race and the testing we host during the rest of the year”, said Julio Garcia, director of the Circuit.
With 19 votes, only three less than Valencia, the Motorland Aragon circuit is again showing what good impression it made on everyone in the debut year, already winning the 2010 award for the best Grand Prix earlier.
Source: Circuit Valencia
- Iannone, Dovizioso, Marquez the top three in Warm Up
- Bagnaia heads Corsi and Fernandez on Sunday morning
- Bezzecchi tops Warm Up as 13 riders receive grid penalties
- UPDATE: Pol Espargaro undergoes successful surgey
- Marquez: “I feel really good on the bike”
- Best photos: Aragon GP
- Deniz Öncü first and looking for second in Aragon 1
- 10 things to know ahead the GP Movistar de Aragon