The Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo has been selected by 125cc and Moto2 world championship teams as the favorite track for testing, in an election provided by the International Road Racing Teams Association (IRTA).
The 37 teams participating in these two categories of the World Championship have to vote each year for their two favorite circuits to host the testing sessions during the season.
Overall 22 votes have been collected for Valencia, 19 for the new Motorland Aragon circuit, eight for Brno and Misano, seven for Mugello, four for Assen and three for Catalunya and Sachsenring.
“Teams from the world championship always had a fondness for our circuit, we’ve been awarded the prize for the best Grand Prix three times and every year we are among the best rated circuits for the race and the testing we host during the rest of the year”, said Julio Garcia, director of the Circuit.
With 19 votes, only three less than Valencia, the Motorland Aragon circuit is again showing what good impression it made on everyone in the debut year, already winning the 2010 award for the best Grand Prix earlier.
Source: Circuit Valencia
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season
- F.C.C. to continue as official clutch supplier to Moto2™
- Argentina to host MotoGP™ until 2021
- XControllers, new official licensee of MotoGP™
- An abundance of World Champions lineup in MotoGP™ for 2019
- A promising start to preseason for MotoE™
- 2019 Asia Talent Cup calendar and entry list released
- Grand Prix Commission make important changes to 2019 rules