The updated 2011 Rizla Suzuki GSV-R today makes its worldwide premiere on the team’s new-look website – images are now exclusively available to view and download in hi-res from www.rizla-suzuki-motogp.co.uk
The machine which Álvaro Bautista will be riding in this season’s MotoGP World Championship is the final generation of the 800cc GSV-R four-stroke prototype Grand Prix bike, due to the change in capacity limit to 1000cc next season. The latest – and most technologically advanced – version of Suzuki’s MotoGP challenger features an engine that has improved on its horsepower, driveability and durability through many detailed development changes throughout winter and pre-season testing. It also features improved acceleration characteristics – especially out of slower corners – to assist Bautista in his challenge for MotoGP glory.
To compliment the upgraded engine specifications, Suzuki’s Factory Engineers have also improved the chassis performance by significant developments to the stiffness balance of frame and swing-arm and have optimised the weight balance geometries from last season’s machine. These updates to the chassis have been paired with the most advanced ECU software ever used on a Suzuki Grand Prix machine, to give Bautista more precise traction and wheelie control without losing direct machine control or power, adding to the versatility of the GSV-R in all conditions.
The 2011 Rizla Suzuki GSV-R also features a revised Troy Lee Designs inspired livery, incorporating a new, contemporary and dynamic Rizla logo that will be launched by the Rizla Suzuki MotoGP team. The 2011 Rizla Suzuki GSV-R will make its official debut during this weekend’s final pre-season test at Qatar, before making its racing debut – also at Qatar – on Sunday 20th March.
To compliment the latest version of the GSV-R, Rizla Suzuki has also redesigned and refreshed its website for the 2011 season, so visit www.rizla-suzuki-motogp.co.uk to see what’s new.
Source: Rizla Suzuki MotoGP
- #USWorldSBK Day 3 – Masterful Rea does Laguna Seca double June 25, 2018
- #USWorldSBK – Day 2: Rea roars ahead to seventh win in 2018 at Laguna Seca June 24, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Advantage Bezzecchi approaching Assen's final chicane June 25, 2018
- One point in it: Oliveira and Bagnaia ready for round eight June 25, 2018
- Assen: magic and myth collide at the ‘Cathedral’ June 25, 2018
- Fernandez confirmed at Pons HP 40 for remainder of 2018 June 24, 2018
- Half way through the season: the reasons to watch WorldSBK June 22, 2018
- Marquez swaps engine for pedals ahead of Dutch GP June 22, 2018