Already on his way to the final preseason test in Qatar, Álvaro Bautista has just secured a new sponsor for the 2011 season. But it’s not a softdrink or clothing company as one might expect for a MotoGP rider, instead it’s the Spanish organisation for the support of disabled people [Organización Impulsora de Discapacitados – OID] which will be represented this year on Alvaro’s leathers and clothing.
After several months of negotiations an agreement has been reached yesterday between SportsCracks Marketing for the OID and Bautista’s representative, lasting for the 2011 season with an option to extend it further at the end of the year.
Bautista had already visited the facilities of the organization before, located in the industrial area of Torrehierro in his hometown Talavera de La Reina, awarding prizes to children winning the OID Christmas card contest [photo].
The official presentation will take place after the first race of the season in Qatar and will be held at the OID headquarters in Talavera.
Juan Luis Salas – SPORTCRACKS director, responsible for OID sports department:
“Álvaro represents sacrifice and honesty and above all this is a person who everyone likes, because he is there for everyone and invests the little free time he has in caring for his people without looking at the clock. This is the spirit the OID is looking for, because the goal is the same, to be with all the people with and without disabilities in these difficult times. Alvaro came to the premises of the OID selflessly to present awards to children who were winners of the Christmas and disability contest that we do each year and we appreciate that. Álvaro represents triumph, but also values, which is very difficult to find an elite athlete.”
- Albert Arenas picks up hard earned point in Texas April 22, 2018
- Arón Canet finishes eighth in Austin April 22, 2018
- Superb races by Alex Márquez and Joan Mir in Texas April 22, 2018
- WorldSBK Assen, Sunday roundup: World Superbike, World Supersport, WorldSSP300 April 22, 2018
- Alex Márquez qualifies on pole position in Texas, Joan Mir starts from 5th April 22, 2018
- Marc Marquez takes pole at Austin but will start from 4th on the grid, Dani Pedrosa grabs 3rd row start April 22, 2018
- Viñales on Yamaha: “We’re coming” April 22, 2018
- Through the pain barrier: Pedrosa's superhuman performance April 22, 2018
- Bagnaia vs Marquez: a battle royal in Austin April 22, 2018
- Closing in at COTA: Marquez takes Texas, Dovi takes the lead April 22, 2018
- Martin pulls the pin to perfection in a classic Texan tangle April 22, 2018
- Viñales on Marquez' tail in Texas Warm Up April 22, 2018