Toni Elias was back at Losail on a MotoGP bike after a one year absence and in much better health than when he arrived for the race last year. The Spaniard had been injured in a pre-season combined 125cc and Moto2 test and was visibly hobbled. Elias will need to be at full strength as he adjusts to the Honda RC212V on another ‘new’ track.
The team was working on the rear suspension to find a solution to get more heat into the rear tyre.
The two-day test concludes tomorrow, after which the teams have three days to regroup for the start of practice.
Toni Elias (LCR Honda MotoGP) 1m, 58.250s
“This is a ‘new track’ for us, so we are still studying the bike. We have been testing in Sepang and we had some issues there to find the proper setting for me. The guys have made some special parts for me for this test, some gave us small improvements and some did not help us. Basically we need to find the way to load the rear and just to warm up the rear tyre, which will be our main goal tomorrow”
Source: Honda Racing
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Under the radar: Miller overcomes injury in Texas April 24, 2018
- More points for KTM in Texas April 24, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018
- Leader of the pack: Dovi weighs in after the Americas GP April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018