The two day of pre-season test held at the floodlit 5.380 km Losail circuit in Qatar came to a close at 11pm local time tonight with Stoner recording the best lap time of the day. The 17 MotoGP riders continued their busy schedules to try and ensure their prototypes are prepared in time for the first race at the circuit this Sunday.Good weather conditions welcomed premier class riders and teams with both session opening at 18.00 local time.
LCR Honda MotoGP racer Toni Elias concentrated on chassis adjustments and suspension setting during five-hour test period posting his best lap on 1’58.536 in a 57-lap spell (65 laps in yesterdays session). Unfortunately the Spaniard could not lap on soft tyres as he crashed in the last part of todays session but he escaped unhurt from the accident.
Toni Elias: “Todays condition was not perfect because of the strong wind and sand on the surface so the grip was very poor. These conditions did not help us in our testing plan for today and our main issue remain the rear. I need to transfer more weight in the rear to improve my riding style but in the mean time we have found some good solutions for our base chassis set up. I crashed in the last part of the session and I could not lap on soft tyres to improve my lap time but we have got more important things to adjust ahead Sunday race. Honestly I am not happy about my position in the standing but the guys are doing a very good job and it’s important to remain concentrated as I am sure the results will come soon”.
Source: LCR Honda
- FIM CEV Repsol back in action for Round 2 at Valencia April 25, 2018
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Marquez has Rossi and Agostini records in sight April 26, 2018
- Octo Telematics announced as title sponsor for San Marino GP April 26, 2018
- Motegi test for Suzuki and Guintoli April 26, 2018
- Nakagami: “finishing as top rookie is a nice feeling” April 25, 2018
- Is Bagnaia the man to beat in Moto2™? April 25, 2018
- Leaders will be leaders April 25, 2018