The Official Winter Tests came to a close today at the Losail circuit in Qatar after a sandstorm blew through the circuit hours before testing commenced
Once the winds had settled, the riders took to the track and conditions started to improve.
Pedrosa finishing second for the evening with a time of 1’55.745, he tested the 2011 front fork and also completed a half-race distance run of 10 laps – testing the softer compound tyre and finished the session working on set-up ahead of this weekends season opening Grand Prix.
Dani Pedrosa 1’55.745 sec, 39 laps, 210 km.
“The conditions seemed very difficult when we arrived at the circuit today as it was so windy and on the way here the road was full of sand, but we managed to finally complete a good test today. It was very windy out on track and quite difficult to ride at maximum, but the grip was not so bad. It was cooler than yesterday and we improved our lap times, which is positive.
Today we tried the new front fork, we have continued to work with electronics and have tried both the hard and the softer tyres. We kept the good feeling we had at Sepang, the test here in Qatar also went well in general and we go to the first race with a competitive bike, but for the Grand Prix we will have to keep working hard because nobody will give away anything”.
Source: Repsol Media
- Iker Lecuona concludes the Catalan weekend in a strong way June 17, 2018
- A tough race for Alex Rins in Catalunya June 17, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo hammers in another superb win at the Catalan GP June 17, 2018
- Albert Arenas crashes out of Catalan GP June 17, 2018
- Arón Canet crashes out in Barcelona June 17, 2018
- Tito Rabat leaves Catalan Grand Prix without reward June 17, 2018
- Two Wheels for Life Paddock Experience day: Catalunya June 18, 2018
- Marquez: “It was time to be smart and think” June 18, 2018
- Action continues in Barcelona for one-day Official Test June 18, 2018
- Montmeló: best photos from the Catalan GP June 18, 2018
- Lorenzo hammers home his pace with sublime win June 17, 2018
- Mr consistent: Rossi continues podium streak in Barcelona June 17, 2018