Rizla Suzuki’s Álvaro Bautista suffered a broken left femur from a fast crash in the closing stages of today’s third practice session in Qatar, which immediately ended his participation in this weekend’s first race.
Bautista landed heavily after high-siding at turn 15 and immediately looked in some serious discomfort. He was instantly taken to the circuit’s superb medical facilities and examined by members of the Clinica Mobile. After a thorough examination, and some x-rays, he was diagnosed with a break to his left femur which will need to be pinned.
Bautista was immediately taken to the Hamad Medical Corporation in Doha for further tests, before a decision will be taken whether to operate in Qatar or for him to return to Spain.
Further information on Bautista’s condition will be updated as soon as more information is available.
Source: Rizla Suzuki MotoGP
- FIM CEV Repsol back in action for Round 2 at Valencia April 25, 2018
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Nakagami: “finishing as top rookie is a nice feeling” April 25, 2018
- Is Bagnaia the man to beat in Moto2™? April 25, 2018
- Leaders will be leaders April 25, 2018
- Wayne Rainey: a true warrior April 25, 2018
- Under the radar: Miller overcomes injury in Texas April 24, 2018
- More points for KTM in Texas April 24, 2018