It’s been the second day of practices for premier class riders at the floodlit desert Losail circuit which host the first round of the season. Today’s both sessions were held in windy conditions with air temperature of 20 degrees and Honda rider Casey Stoner set the fastest time of the day while Suzuki racer Bautista injured heavily his left leg in a nasty crash.
Now back in the top class, LCR Honda MotoGP racer Elias has had a difficult pre-season adopting to the Honda RC212V, though he refuses to believe he’s gotten the most out of himself and the machine and expects to improve with more seat time. The Spaniard set his best lap time of 1’58.123 and will try more adjustments on tomorrow’s 60-minute qualifying practice at 19:55 local time.
Toni Elias – 17th – 1’58.123
“We are facing a difficult situation although we have tried many things on the bike. Even today we have worked on chassis set up and suspension regulations to get a good feeling on the rear but I am still missing grip because we can not warm the rear tyre enough. Like this I do not feel comfortable in the corner exit but we still have one session to fine tune the bike before the race on Sunday”.
Source: LCR Honda
- “We will do our best to make our people proud of us”
- Marquez: the king of the crashers!
- PTT Thailand Grand Prix voted best of 2018
- Crowd pleasers: MotoGP™'s biggest weekends of the season
- F.C.C. to continue as official clutch supplier to Moto2™
- Argentina to host MotoGP™ until 2021
- XControllers, new official licensee of MotoGP™
- An abundance of World Champions lineup in MotoGP™ for 2019