RW Racing GP had today the officially debut in the MotoGP championship with the Spanish rider Luis Salom. The Spaniard started very good during the first two free practice sessions and manage to finish both session on an excellent fourth position.
The season traditionally starts in recent years in the desert of Qatar, at a night race held in the dark. After the winter testing for each team it is still exciting to see where they are standing during the first Grand Prix of the season. In the first free practice Luis Salom knew from the start that he was able to achieve fast laptimes, after only six laps during the 2010 Qatar GP on the Losail International Circuit. Salom finished to everyone’s surprise in a very good fourth position.
Between the first and second free practice session the team reviewed the data and made some adjustments to the rear suspension. This resulted in a lap time 1.6 seconds faster than the first free practice. In this second and final free practice session of Thursday, the Spaniard finished on an excellent fourth position.
Luis Salom (4th, 2:08.877): “I’m very pleased with today’s result. The team started late during this winter because of circumstances but it has still worked out well. The first free practice I wanted to use to explore the track after only six laps on this track in 2010 throughout the weekend. But the engine felt so good that I could directly ride fast lap times. I’m not completely satisfied with the setup of the suspension, but we are on the right track. Tomorrow we have the third free practice session w! hich will be used to optimize the set-up. I have a good feeling about today and want to keep up this line during the weekend.”
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo ends the Texan race in eleventh April 23, 2018
- Under the radar: Miller overcomes injury in Texas April 24, 2018
- More points for KTM in Texas April 24, 2018
- Aprilia on track testing at COTA April 23, 2018
- Crutchlow remains close in the standings despite COTA crash April 23, 2018
- Leader of the pack: Dovi weighs in after the Americas GP April 23, 2018
- Two Americans selected for Yamaha VR46 Master Camp April 23, 2018