In the third and final free practice session of the Commercial Bank Grand Prix of Qatar, the RW Racing GP rider Luis Salom finish on an eighth position. The Spaniard finishes overall over the three free practice sessions on a seventh place.
Following the excellent fourth position of the first and second free practice, the eighth position was the highest position possible today. The team has adjusted the suspension on Thursday for the third practice session today but it didn’t work out! . Salom will evaluate tonight along with chief engineer Hans Spaan the data and make the necessary adjustments for the qualifying session of tomorrow.
Saturday the qualification session will take place at 17.00 hours Dutch time. Also, the warm-up session will be held tomorrow instead of the usual Sunday.
Luis Salom (8th, 2:09.301): “After the fourth place yesterday, I can’t be satisfied with the result of today. The problems we had with the rear suspension are still there and were even worse than yesterday. Unfortunately, we went on the wrong direction but the advantage is that we now know which direction we need to go. The ! problem is that when I’m coming out of the corners I can’t open the gas immediately. At the moment I open the gas the rear breaks away. Today was worse than yesterday. So I couldn’t improve my lap time. I will speak together with Hans and evaluate the session. We have a good feeling we can solve the problem. Tomorrow is the qualifying and then I try to pick a spot on the second row. It will be tough but that’s my goal for tomorrow! “
Source: RW Racing GP
- FIM CEV Repsol back in action for Round 2 at Valencia April 25, 2018
- Alex Rins DNF at Circuit Of The Americas April 23, 2018
- Amazing fifth place for Iker Lecuona in Texas April 23, 2018
- Tito Rabat conquers eighth in a great Texas fight April 23, 2018
- Points for Pol Espargaro in Texas April 23, 2018
- Maverick Viñales cruises to second at COTA April 23, 2018
- Marquez has Rossi and Agostini records in sight April 26, 2018
- Octo Telematics announced as title sponsor for San Marino GP April 26, 2018
- Motegi test for Suzuki and Guintoli April 26, 2018
- Nakagami: “finishing as top rookie is a nice feeling” April 25, 2018
- Is Bagnaia the man to beat in Moto2™? April 25, 2018
- Leaders will be leaders April 25, 2018