The qualifying session at the opening round of 2011 season concluded at 20:55 local time with Stoner the quickest MotoGP rider under the floodlights of Losail International circuit. The 16 premier class riders (Bautista suffered a broken leg femur yesterday), who will line up on the grid tomorrow at 22:00 local time for the first 22-lap round of the season, have experienced good grip conditions in the 60-minute night session with air temperature of 20 degrees.
LCR Honda MotoGP rider Toni Elias could not find the right pace on soft tyres at the 5.380km track posting the 16th lap time of the day (1’57.992) on lap 20 of 23. Despite many changes on his RC212V the Spaniard is not capable to lap as he would like facing big issues on corner exit and braking.
Toni Elias: “Basically we have tried different chassis geometries and different suspension but whatever we tried we get stocked on the same lap time and this is very frustrating for me. We are struggling a lot… more than I was expecting but we still have 20 minutes tomorrow to adjust the bike. I want to thank the Team for their good job and I will continue to my best”.
Source: LCR Honda
- FIM CEV Repsol 2018 season gets underway at Estoril this weekend March 22, 2018
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- Jorge Lorenzo retires from Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- Maverick Viñales 6th in Qatar GP March 18, 2018
- The FIM ratchets up support for the Handy Race at Le Mans March 22, 2018
- Arenas undergoes successful surgery March 22, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol curtain-raiser in Estoril March 22, 2018
- Binder on KTM: “The conditions weren’t perfect for our bike” March 21, 2018
- HJC Helmets Grand Prix de France: let the countdown begin! March 21, 2018
- Martin vs Canet…vs Bastianini? March 21, 2018