The qualifying session at the opening round of 2011 season concluded at 20:55 local time with Stoner the quickest MotoGP rider under the floodlights of Losail International circuit. The 16 premier class riders (Bautista suffered a broken leg femur yesterday), who will line up on the grid tomorrow at 22:00 local time for the first 22-lap round of the season, have experienced good grip conditions in the 60-minute night session with air temperature of 20 degrees.
LCR Honda MotoGP rider Toni Elias could not find the right pace on soft tyres at the 5.380km track posting the 16th lap time of the day (1’57.992) on lap 20 of 23. Despite many changes on his RC212V the Spaniard is not capable to lap as he would like facing big issues on corner exit and braking.
Toni Elias: “Basically we have tried different chassis geometries and different suspension but whatever we tried we get stocked on the same lap time and this is very frustrating for me. We are struggling a lot… more than I was expecting but we still have 20 minutes tomorrow to adjust the bike. I want to thank the Team for their good job and I will continue to my best”.
Source: LCR Honda
- Crutchlow tops FP3, Marquez still fastest, Yamahas miss out
- Bezzecchi fastest as Saturday action begins in Aragon
- A new era: Triumph Moto2™ engine handover
- 2019 Aprilia will be ready for Valencia test
- Best photos: Aragon GP
- Rossi: “In the afternoon we suffered more”
- Provisional 2019 team entries released
- 5 keys to Aragon… by Fonsi Nieto