This weekend the Circuito de Jerez will host the second round of the MotoGP world championship 2011, the Spanish Grand Prix. Yonny Hernandez and Tito Rabat, who in the previous race in Qatar have finished in the Top 15 and scored their first points of the season, face this new round with the desire to improve upon their previous 12th and 14th place.
Rabat crossed the finish line in third place last year, achieving the first of two podiums in his farewell season in the 125cc class. This is one of the most anticipated rounds of the MotoGP calendar, both for the specators and for the riders, because of the special atmosphere in the packed grandstands, around the track and in the city, also being the first MotoGP round in Europe.
TITO RABAT: “The Jerez race is always special because of the atmosphere of the circuit and in the city and because we race at home, supported by the spectators and with our sponsors present. I can’t wait to start racing. After getting points in Qatar and starting in Moto2 with very positive feelings my goal here is to fight for the top ten. It will be very difficult because this is a track where normally things don’t go too well for me, but I think if we work hard we have the chance to achieve this. These two weeks I’ve been training hard in the gym and with the bike and I’m in good shape. In any case, the important thing now is to keep learning and adapting to this new category, which much more demanding than 125cc, and have fun.”
Source: Blusens BQR
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto2 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 2 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – Moto3 race 1 highlights June 19, 2018
- Video: FIM CEV Repsol, Catalunya Round – European Talent Cup highlights June 19, 2018
- Iker Lecuona concludes the Catalan weekend in a strong way June 17, 2018
- Bastianini: “Next year I’ll race in Moto2” June 22, 2018
- Pirro: "I can't wait to get on the bike" June 21, 2018
- Lowes: “I could have fought for the podium” June 21, 2018
- Applications for the British Talent Cup now closed June 21, 2018
- The numbers behind the Catalan GP podium June 20, 2018
- Pedrosa and Yamaha: a match made in heaven? June 20, 2018