This weekend the Circuito de Jerez will host the second round of the MotoGP world championship 2011, the Spanish Grand Prix. Yonny Hernandez and Tito Rabat, who in the previous race in Qatar have finished in the Top 15 and scored their first points of the season, face this new round with the desire to improve upon their previous 12th and 14th place.
Rabat crossed the finish line in third place last year, achieving the first of two podiums in his farewell season in the 125cc class. This is one of the most anticipated rounds of the MotoGP calendar, both for the specators and for the riders, because of the special atmosphere in the packed grandstands, around the track and in the city, also being the first MotoGP round in Europe.
TITO RABAT: “The Jerez race is always special because of the atmosphere of the circuit and in the city and because we race at home, supported by the spectators and with our sponsors present. I can’t wait to start racing. After getting points in Qatar and starting in Moto2 with very positive feelings my goal here is to fight for the top ten. It will be very difficult because this is a track where normally things don’t go too well for me, but I think if we work hard we have the chance to achieve this. These two weeks I’ve been training hard in the gym and with the bike and I’m in good shape. In any case, the important thing now is to keep learning and adapting to this new category, which much more demanding than 125cc, and have fun.”
Source: Blusens BQR
- WorldSBK, Thailand: Day one roundup March 23, 2018
- NOT the MotoGP News: Midnight at the oasis… Send your motorbike to bed March 23, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol 2018 season gets underway at Estoril this weekend March 22, 2018
- A race to forget for Iker Lecuona in Losail March 19, 2018
- Marc Marquez starts 2018 with a brilliant podium in Qatar, Dani Pedrosa fights hard for 7th March 19, 2018
- Alex Márquez opens the season with podium in Qatar, Joan Mir finishes 11th March 19, 2018
- Mr. Steady is ready March 23, 2018
- FIM CEV Repsol curtain-raiser in Estoril March 23, 2018
- The FIM ratchets up support for the Handy Race at Le Mans March 22, 2018
- Arenas undergoes successful surgery March 22, 2018
- Binder on KTM: “The conditions weren’t perfect for our bike” March 21, 2018
- HJC Helmets Grand Prix de France: let the countdown begin! March 21, 2018